really bad performance from k8

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
carizle
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: really bad performance from k8

Post by carizle »

madLyrical wrote:
carizle wrote:I haven't been around it long enough to know...
You've been a member for less than two and have already almost caught up to me in posts.. I'm definitely a lurker :P I guess its time I stop
:lol: I just talk a lot sometimes. Maybe its better to be the quiet one you wont end up pissing anyone off :crying:

You should test your injectors with a multimeter if you say theres two not firing.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Err.

Injectors are basically a solenoid. The winding may be fine, but the plunger may be stuck. Testing them that way does not guarantee they are good.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

so im working on getting the injectors out and im moving stuff to make space and i find this

which is here on the vacuum diagram but unlisted so im unsure as to what it is exactly, i kno its part of the egr, but dont kno if it couldve been part of my vacuum leak

but other than that im hoping to take the injectors somewhere tommorow to get them cleaned and flow tested and hopefully im good to go.. besides my leaks but one thing at a time :p
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

is that a massive hole in that L pipe? if thats a vacuum line that would definitely give you performance problems.

im pretty sure that little top hat looking thing is your fuel pressure regulator valve. you want to hook a vacuum line up to it from the vacuum solenoid you see in that diagram you posted. this could also affect performance in a negative way.
solenoid looks similar to this Image

fyi should be routed Vacuum line - solenoid valve - fuel pressure regulator. its not important what vacuum line you use.
carizle

Post by carizle »

Hmmm I think I mentioned about an fpr earlier :lol: I bet if that doesn't have its vacuum line attached it would cause problems.
If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable!

98 Mustang Gt-convertible, bolt-ons and SCT race tune-Cams and 4.10 gears coming soon
SOLD-92 GS beater-280,000 miles and still goin strong-HEI mod
SOLD-91 Explorer XLT 4x4-never let me down, at least when I can afford to fill it up
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

the fpr valves was disconnected because i was in the process of taking out the injectors to go to have them cleaned.. and yes thats a huge whole, its that plastic T pipe thats connecting those 3 hoses i have circled from the diagram.. the hose in the picture directly to the left of the hole is what was supposed to be connected but as i went to disconnect it to give myself a little working room thats when i realized it was broken..

but basically im going to fix it either way, i was actually curious as to whether it is a vacuum line or just egr.. nonetheless my main focus is the injectors right now
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

its hard to tell what that is from memory, but if its supposed to connect to the vacuum line that goes to the front valve cover then that could cause massive vacuum leak problems. problems like no start, stalling and horrible performance. if i were you id try and plug up those holes with duck tape or anything and see if theres an improvement. either way youll want to fix it. i think this might be the cause of your problems.

p.s. it has nothing to do with egr. looks like the t goes off to both valve covers/heads then its supposed to connect to your intake. im almost certain this is the cause of your problems now.
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

okay awesome hopefully that solves one issue.. but i still had the case where cylinders 2 and 4 had no change in idle when i pulled the plug wires but i did have spark.. so im going to the junkyard tommorow mostly for a fender and a couple other things.. so im gonna grab that piece, and maybe grab some used injectors as well and hope it makes a difference
madLyrical

Post by madLyrical »

so just my luck i go to the junk yard.. and theyres a shockingly clean gs waiting for me.. with the entire engine bay still intact..i guess theres so few gs's here i have noone to compete with for parts..i got 6 injectors in better shape than the ones on my car apparently all with resistance up to spec, the cooling fan assembly (which the dealer wanted 500+ for the motor alone) , and the refrigerant high pressure switch (which isnt available at the dealer) for 100.. i wouldve got a fender too but the last bolt thats underneath the car was stripped beyond all recognition, so i gotta go back

but after also replacing that t pipe and the injectors on the trouble cylinders, plus the fuel filter i replaced, and hei with ext coil, and the left o2 sensor.. my car is finally back, actually better now
i still have a coolant leak from one of the hoses underneath near the throttle body and an oil leak.. plus ive been blowing smoke on start ups so im hoping my headgasket isnt going but

in anycase ill be going back to the jy on monday so if any of u guys need a specific part i can carry by myself pm me

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”