Yet another attempted break in...

Off-Topic Discussions
Nd4SpdSe

Re: Yet another attempted break in...

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Newfie_dan wrote:Simple theft deterrent is an electric fence kit wired to the body, touch the car poof nice little shock to smarten them up. You can set it for around 8000 volts or so enough to give them a nasty surprise. If that does not float your boat then install a battery disconnect for the negative terminal, use one that requires a key and hide it good so they are stumped when it will not turn over at all.
Well, I'm not sure how that would work with your 12v system using the chassis as ground.

I've never got around to it, but I've always wanted to hide a kill switch. You can easilly wire one for the fuel pump, which would be a good one because it'll start for a bit than stall once the fuel lines are drained. Could do one for the spark system; easy for those who did the HEI mod. It's also how modern cars get disabled in their factory anti-theft system.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Are you saying they came back and tried again?

Honestly. I didn't think a purple MX-3 was so popular to car thieves. Not bashing your car/colour, just saying, I imagine car thieves to go for the "cool" FATF style cars.... rims....tint...slammed...Honda...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Yeah they did the passenger's side door last year. Didn't get in that time either. Honestly..I think they're just trying to f$%& with me...if they really want to steal my stuff they'd just smash the glass.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

We have kids on my street that fiddle with our cars just looking for change for smokes. I left my MX-6 open a month ago and they opened the glove boxes and such but didn't take anything. Just looking for lose change. I was thinking of leaving a pack of smokes on the door handle for them. Avoid the middle man I say. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
diezzel
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by diezzel »

Holy crap.Sorry to hear about all the bulls--t , at least they did not do anymore damage.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Firstly, stickdeath.com is amazing. It's been a decade since I first discovered it, and it still surprises me...

http://www.stickdeath.com/2004auto.html Is my personal favorite, I like the MOPAR example.

Secondly, I'm sorry this happened to you wytbishop. People do crappy things, especially when times are hard, I hope you get justice for what happened though. Maybe they'll get in trouble, but it's not likely. My car was keyed, and even with mountains of circumstantial evidence and motive, the cops did nothing because there was no eye witness.

Electric shock is a good one, but some people might just get angry and break your windows or something else. I'm going for a different approach, a silent alarm on the car that vibrates/buzzes a remote attached to my keys. I rarely go far enough away from my car for range to be a problem, so it would work for me... As for going out of town, your underground parking sounds like a good idea.

Good luck!
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

rig a taser to the shift knob lol that would wake the hell out of them, grab it and zap.

Return to “Off-Topic”