Can't lock my brakes

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
wytbishop

Re: Can't lock my brakes

Post by wytbishop »

The 95' manual has a section on ABS but it is mostly regarding troubleshooting and the ABS components and stuff. The only discussion of bleeding is in the conventional section and it doesn't refer to any special requirements for ABS that I'm aware of.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

It mentions to "cycle the ABS pump" in my manual for my 2000 Jeep. Basically, you can bleed the lines without cycling by disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery. This will prevent it from trying to cycle while your bleeding it. If the abs tries to cycle while theres air in the line, it will burn out the abs unit prematurely.

Anyways, to cycle the pump, I believe its just jumping the power and ground on the unit and cycle the abs for each wheel (after you bleed brakes). If there's any air left, cycling the pump should get it out.

Really, the only way to get air into the abs unit is to cycle it without any fluid in the master cylinder, which also causes issues by getting air into the master cylinder.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

I knew I had another process I used when I bed my brakes in... since I was using Hawk HPS Plus pads this is the process I used... It was pretty hardcore and I would NOT recommend it for normal brake pads... !

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”