World cup... who you rootin for?!

Off-Topic Discussions
DeepBlueMX3

Re: World cup... who you rootin for?!

Post by DeepBlueMX3 »

Miguelitto wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Those nazis ...I mean germans, really kicked some a-- today, I gotta give 'em that. But Ukrman I'm with you all the way man, Ukraine! 8) It's all about 2012 bro
2012???? the next world cup is in 2014, and it's going to be here in BRAZIL!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
DeepBlueMX3 wrote:-Brazil looses. Now rooting for Netherland... or Spain, anyone , can win for me, they never won a world cup at least...
-Against German that won 3 world cups !
-I would like no one close to us, brasilians, with 5 world cups!!! :wink:
I'm with you deep......
I told : Netherland X Spain !!! hehehehehe
MX-3 B6ZE Noble Green

My Worklog
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

Miguelitto wrote:
_-Night-Shade-_ wrote:Those nazis ...I mean germans, really kicked some a-- today, I gotta give 'em that. But Ukrman I'm with you all the way man, Ukraine! 8) It's all about 2012 bro
2012???? the next world cup is in 2014, and it's going to be here in BRAZIL!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

2012 is for Euro Cup... and its gonna be held in Ukraine and Poland
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

So I just saw a clip of a Spanish player and a Uraguayan player running down the "pitch" side by side with clear separation btween them and out of nowhere the Spanish player JUMPS to his righas if he had just been shot by the uraguayan player...who in fact never touched him.

What really strikes me about "futbol" is how honerable the players are. Not to mention the fact that I've heard of nations actually agreeing to a draw prior to the match.

Explain the attraction to this again?...
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
smithshn
antispam: No

Post by smithshn »

Finally, Spain won the the great event as the FIFA world cup 2010. It was such a great day. Another thing is that I am really wondering about the Pope octopus. Such a great power of the prediction.
DeepBlueMX3

Post by DeepBlueMX3 »

-The Strategy, malice, and no honorable players, there are on all games.
-Sometimes the difficult to do a goal is the game grace... :D

Congratulations to Spain, the world cup 2010 champion!
MX-3 B6ZE Noble Green

My Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I watched a good portion of the game yesterday because I really do want to understand and try to appreciate the game. Here is the conclusion I've come to.

Strategically it is more advantageous to convince the referee that you have been fouled and gain a free kick or penalty shot than it is to attempt to take a shot on goal unless you have a very clear opportunity or to try to get an opposing player ejected from the game. I counted several occasions on both sides when a player with a marginal chance to make a shot chose instead to attempt to draw a penalty where no foul really existed. On most occasions the referee made the correct call but the fact that this strategy is accepted practice is the real cause of my disdain for the game.

But congratulations to Spain. The were clearly the best team yesterday I thought.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Ha yeah it's pretty rediculous how often (and outrageously) they dive. This video illustrates it pretty nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukFUEI5qz8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That has gotta be a record for yellow cards! I think it was 9 for Netherlands! Holy sheeeeeeeeeeeaaaaat
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “Off-Topic”