TurboCharger

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
moneyshot23

Re: TurboCharger

Post by moneyshot23 »

i think your reading it wrong bud, I didnt say THATS WHAT GAVE ME HP, What i said was EVERYTHING that is NEEDED for turbo to be installed and working good is done. I also didnt say more gas would make it faster either, I was just saying i have that stuff done in general, but just because i didnt mention i had cold are intake an all the rest of the mods that are done to ADD HP, doesnt mean i dont have them.. I was just tossing them out as an example basically saying, Everything ive read and have been told about turbo, like weak spots, aka motor mounts, bushings etc, Have been done, thats all i was saying, i didnt say ohh hey i got this and this done, this is what gave me my 280 HP. I dont believe i put that anywhere... And just to let you know, i know people that have mx3, and have 300hp without turbo or super charger.. Theyve had it on dynos etc.. He raced a guy that had 2009 RX7 supercharged and his car killed the rx7. So i know it can be done.. But you keep telling yourself that bud.. And ive had my car on a dyno aswell.. So i think i should no what my car can put out....Not to mention i didnt post in here to fight with dumb asses. I posted to ask a simple question about turbo chargers.. End of story..
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I am sorry if I started this "snow ball." Please keep in mind that there are masters of the v6 and 4 cyl here. The only guy I know (personally) that has really high numbers, has a 4cyl bp with forged internals and a really nice turbo set up.

No one said it cannot happen... it's just very rare, and the mx community has not seen this. I was fairly accurate, (as stated by whyt) about the extra 120 whp. If you have been on a dyno, please post your graphs and the type of dyno.. this all could end very quick.
-I don't know if there are any 1320's in your area... but you'd be under 13 with that and an LSD.

There are a lot of members here and AFAIK, Jesse has one of the fastest/ most hp mx's out there (N/A KL). He has done many unorthodox mods, with a lean tune. He is around 200 whp in N/A form. That would be hard to beat in our world.

I'm a 4cyl guy, but from my POV, this seems very much like the phantom carb.. that saves tones of gas and gives you 500 hp.
moneyshot23

Post by moneyshot23 »

We had the car as opened as she would go and it was max 300.17. with 277.58 Torque. But we did other runs as you can see, and it was 280.11 with 211.17 Torque. We did some extra runs that we didnt add to the paper, but the 280 with 211 was more consistent than any of the other runs. So he said the most accurate reading would be the 280 an 211. due to the consistent of the 280..
Mi|<E

Post by Mi|<E »

So what car is this? Its not a N/A KLZE .
moneyshot23

Post by moneyshot23 »

its my 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS Precidia KLZE Swap 2.5L V6
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

what gear were you making these pulls?
moneyshot23

Post by moneyshot23 »

4th going into 5th if i do believe its been awhile since its been on the dyno, (dont exactly remember).
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

B.S. Flag

Next you're going to tell us that you forgot to add that you're running nitrous right??
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

here's the thing...guys on this forum and others have been working with this engine exclusively for years. I have been working on MX-3's for about 7 years myself and all manner of other engines my entire adult life. So I know a little bit. Combustion is a chemical reaction. FUEL + OXYGEN + HEAT ---> CO2 + H20 + ENERGY. The amount of energy released in the reaction is proportionate to the amount of fuel which is burned. So to release 50% more energy, you have to burn 50% more fuel. In order to burn more fuel you have to add more air because the ratio of fuel to air has to be within a certain range. That's just scientific fact. That has nothing to do with engine building or mechanics.

In an internal combustion engine there are other factors which affect the engine's power output. Increasing the compression ratio from 10.1:1 to 12:1 increases the Otto Cycle thermal efficiency and would increase the power output by about 5%. Improved intake and exhaust flow derestricts the engine and might add 10 hp. Porting the heads, balancing the rotating assembly, knife edging the crank...on and on the list of things that can be done to squeeze every last bit of power out of the engine goes. With all of that you could maybe make 210whp and still run on pump gas. There is not sufficient sleeve thickness to increase the bore significantly beyond a basic rebuild overbore of .020" to .060" so the only way to increase displacement is to stroke the engine. A stroker kit is available and I have heard of one guy on probetalk that installed it and wound up at ~2.9L and made modest gains at a cost of about $3000USD. Even if your uncle had done all these things, I theorize that an engine like that would make at the very most 240hp and would have cost $5000 to build.

I appologize if I've come on a bit strong here. Ask around and you will find that I'm a well respected member of the community and not a dumbass. If that is a printout of your n/a ZE making 280whp I would like to know exactly how it was achieved, because I would put $5k on the table right now for a reliable n/a ZE that actually makes 280whp.

Seriously. I want to know cuz I will start my build tomorrow if you can show exactly what you and your uncle did.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

lol i dont know how people can come on an MX3 forum and try to B.S. the best kl guys!

alot of you guys have been around kl's since they came out... personaly ive been around kl's for 2 years now and i still have alot to learn...

so dude instead of saying that you have Force Induction in your mx3 and you want a turbo? just ask questions like i do... the guys on this forum will help you the more they can if you dont act like an a--!

nice! 280whp on a n/a KL wow if i would of known i wouldn't of boosted mine!

good luck in your futur posts!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
moneyshot23

Post by moneyshot23 »

so your saying im an a--hole because your jealous you cant get yours to 280? Wow, little low i might say... But i didnt post in here to fight with people. or anything.. I simply posted in here to ask about turbo on ebay and stuff..... Someone asked me to post my dyno chart, so i did. and now i become the a-- hole and blah blah. Im not saying I KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT THE KLZE,, I will be the first to admit it i dont, and theres a s--- load i can learn, my uncle has been a Class A mechican more than 25years and hes still learning to this day. Im not saying, you guys dont no what ur talking about, cause im sure theres tons of people on here that no more than i do, and im not scared to admit it.... But dont come on here posting s--- againest me cause youve been working on your kl or w.e else youve been working on and cant get the power that you want, That doesnt make me an a--hole, or stuff im posting is Bull s---... Why the hell would i come on here asking a simple question, then fight? Thats just dumb...sounds to me that some people are pissed off cause they cant make the power they want, so they say ppl are liars an s---.. Its not my fault they cant get there car to the level....
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you may have missed the point. Whyt is stating, were it poss' he would do it in a second. The thing is, it really isn't. Whyt know's his stuff, he's not an a-hole.

Back to the topic. If you have 280whp and have no idea what your compression is, you cannot turbo your car. Your tranny won't take it, neither will your internals- unless forged. Given the high $/ magic build for your engine... why would you risk all of that with cheap ebay knock offs?

A 280hp mx should already run 12's or better... why would you need more?
moneyshot23

Post by moneyshot23 »

thats what i was asking, if the one on ebay are good.. Im not buying a turbo for more speed.. Im looking to get it for looks, and use it when i go to my local track sometimes..But i dont want to buy something that will blow my engine. I was looking at greedy, but i was hoping to get something for a little cheaper because its for looks..when i got the klze the compression was 10:1 i dont know what it is now, cause i didnt do the rebuild my uncle did.. I basically handed my car over to him and when he finished it he gave it back to me, then i put it on a dyno and i got the readings..
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

um ya.

So, you have no idea what a turbo is, does, how to install, or anything.

btw, it's Greddy, not greedy.

LOL, a turbo for looks.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

he doesn't have to know how to install it, hes putting it on his back seat "for looks" lol what a retard!

and i didn't say ur were an a--hole, i said stop acting like an a--!
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forced Induction”