MX5 Leather seat to Mx3???

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: MX5 Leather seat to Mx3???

Post by SpatialTerror »

hmm. cant you take the seats off the mounts/sliders.
i bought some racing seats for my gs. and i was looking at them and comparing them to my stock seats. and if i could unbolt the seat itself from the track i think my new seats would bolt right on.
so i dunno but it might be the same with the mx-5 seats
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Sleeper6
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MX5 Leather seat to Mx3???

Post by Sleeper6 »

SpatialTerror wrote:hmm. cant you take the seats off the mounts/sliders.
i bought some racing seats for my gs. and i was looking at them and comparing them to my stock seats. and if i could unbolt the seat itself from the track i think my new seats would bolt right on.
so i dunno but it might be the same with the mx-5 seats
While you can unbolt the stock seat from the sliders easily you will still have to make an adapter plate as the one side sits lower on the mx3. Ive got a sparco in mine and I had to make an adapter out of some hardware to get it level but hopefully Ill have a proper bracket made up here in a lil bit. And if I remember right its the LH side of the bracket on the drivers side you have to raise but my brains a bit tired at the moment so dont qoute me lol
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “Appearance”