Radio Fuse Blown

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Newfie_dan

Re: Radio Fuse Blown

Post by Newfie_dan »

rated voltage does not mean much to a fuse its current draw that blows a fuse, wheter or not its 36 volt, 24 volt, or 12 volt. All automotive accessories sold are preset for a 12 volt or 24 volt system, 99% of car stuff is 12 volt. You can throw a 20 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp fuse but I can tell you now that it will pretty much blow out on you.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Newfie_dan wrote:rated voltage does not mean much to a fuse its current draw that blows a fuse, wheter or not its 36 volt, 24 volt, or 12 volt. All automotive accessories sold are preset for a 12 volt or 24 volt system, 99% of car stuff is 12 volt. You can throw a 20 amp fuse in place of the 15 amp fuse but I can tell you now that it will pretty much blow out on you.
Okay, I'll try and figure out what else I could have done wrong. It's possible it was the wiring in the first place, as it was kind of sketchy when it actually did work. Maybe I didn't wire it wrong, but instead messed it up when I unhooked the old one. It was a pain in the a-- to remove, that's for sure..
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah and that is exactly why I went to heavy duty instead of sticking with automotive. I worked on cars for years and go so fed up with how they designed things that I decided to move onto heavy equipment. But alas even that field these days is getting stupid for the way they put things together.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”