Car won't start - Have searched and searched

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Re: Car won't start - Have searched and searched

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Tunes67 wrote:Check your timing belt tensioner. If thats given up the ghost.. your valve timing would be way off. Easier check than tearing down your entire timing belt cover would be to do a compression check.. if you have really low numbers.. you can figure that the cylinders arent building proper compression prior to fuel ignition or that the spark is occurring while the pistons are on their way back down. If you have fuel and spark.. the only thing that will prevent it from running is always timing ;) I did a write up thats around here somewhere on how to install a timing belt on the V6.. pics and all. The tensioners are a PITA to install if you have to reuse one.. but I would recommend getting a new one if that is indeed the issue. Hope this helps.

Tunes67
Well, it's funny you say that, because I swear my tensioner was on the way out the door. When the car was running, and you were first starting to roll, you can hear it vibrating a tad, but would stop once you were at higher RPM. It would only make the noise for the first ten feet of rolling.
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Car won't start - Have searched and searched

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

There you go, that would explain that funny noise. Can't believe the timing was overlooked, good call Tunes!
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”