mx-3 died and won't move

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Letters11
antispam: No

Re: mx-3 died and won't move

Post by Letters11 »

Ryan wrote:Are you on crack?

Do not take apart your transmission.

Wiggle your body under your car, and look where the shifter comes through the floor, over the exhaust pipe. If its hanging there all loose like a dork, fasten that back to the floor. Do not touch your transmission.
i didnt know you were talking about the shifter. I thought in your initial post that you were talking about the actual clutch. Just a misunderstanding. Thanks.
Letters11
antispam: No

Post by Letters11 »

chrome730 wrote:calm down ryan let someone else do the yelling. look man you know we have manuals for this car availible on the main page it will tell you how to do these things. im currently in a rut where i have to remove most of my front just to repair some minor things. and the manual is showing how to assemble and dessemble it.
I have a manual for it but the manual did not say anything about tranmissionsor clutches going bad. The shifter falling through is the least of my problems, I just wanted some information on what to do now to get the car to move. Thank You. I hope your job goes smooth without any kinks in the plans, but sometimes they always seem to pop up!!
chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

if you shifter is hanging then it might be the bushing. it happened in my cousins protege turns out it was the shifter bushing.
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”