MX3 1.6L I4 to 626 2.5L I4

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Murdastylez15

Re: MX3 1.6L I4 to 626 2.5L I4

Post by Murdastylez15 »

He's running a rebuilt KA engine. He has torn the car apart before trying to fix the unbroken. But the last dyno that his 240 did I was there. Now the numbers I saw were 359hp. I'm not sure. I thought about tbing the 1.6, and was hoping for more excitement than 200hp. In that car and as light-weight as it is, 200hp should be more than enough right?
Dying to be TURBO CHARGED
Inodoro Pereyra

Post by Inodoro Pereyra »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:Hmm.. musta quoted the wrong guy.. damn. Sorry dude. I'll fix it
That's all right. You just took me by surprise. :)
I guess I over reacted a little bit... :shrug:
U28sIG5vdyB5b3UgYWxzbyBrbm93IGJhc2UgNjQuLi5odWg/DQpTSE9XIE9GRiEhIQ==

"The more I know man, the more I love my dog."

Diogenes of Sinope.
Inodoro Pereyra

Murdastylez: contrarily to what most people think, most races are won outside the track, not in it.

Try to find a track where you can choose a road course to race. If you have more than one choice, go to the one that gives your car the advantage. For an MX-3 you should be looking for a track with short straightaways and a lot of curves, the tighter the better.
Go to that track, practice, and set up your car the best you can. Time yourself.
Then, when you're satisfied, go to your friend, and tell him something along the lines of: "the MX-3 doesn't need a lot of power, because, unlike your little heap there, it has been designed for people that actually KNOW how to drive. That's why we race road courses, instead of straight line. We know how to take a turn."

The trick is simple: get him to fight you in your turf.

Then, if he accepts the challenge, take him to "your" track, and KINDLY offer him the chance to do a few laps, so he can familiarize himself with the track. Of course, at the time you must have a stop watch in your pocket, ready to time HIS laps, which will give you the invaluable chance, among other things, of having a mechanical problem before the race, in case his lap times are better than yours... :mrgreen:

Then, if you win, make sure you have a soda can with you, and the moment you cross the finish line, stop the car, get out of it and make like you're drinking it while you wait for him to finish the race... :twisted:

Diogenes of Sinope.
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
Flyer wrote:... the Ariel Atom...
:love: :love: :love:
Oh, did I mention there is a 100% street legal and plated Ariel Atom 2 here in Toronto?
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
Inodoro Pereyra

Flyer wrote:
Inodoro Pereyra wrote:
Flyer wrote:... the Ariel Atom...
:love: :love: :love:
Oh, did I mention there is a 100% street legal and plated Ariel Atom 2 here in Toronto?
Ok, now I hate you... :lol:

Diogenes of Sinope.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”