What is a KLZE and will it fit in an MX-3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Muzzled

Re: What is a KLZE and will it fit in an MX-3?

Post by Muzzled »

94drumx3 wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:WTH is a klze...

is it a honda engine?

actually i could be mistaken but i'm sure klze isnt an engine at all but an old wooden ship use in the civil war era.
i dont think the kid would be concerned about an old wooden ship thatw as used in the civil war area............
92, Gs-Ze. KL31 motor/curve neck IM, Cai,Chipped ecu,awr mounts,clutchmasters stage 2 "R",
Se interior,Wrap around spoiler, oem full sides and MS front bumper :)
edward_rose_77
antispam: No

Post by edward_rose_77 »

Muzzled wrote:
94drumx3 wrote:
hgallegos915 wrote:WTH is a klze...

is it a honda engine?

actually i could be mistaken but i'm sure klze isnt an engine at all but an old wooden ship use in the civil war era.
i dont think the kid would be concerned about an old wooden ship thatw as used in the civil war area............
'When in Rome'

Actually I'm not laughing either. :)

I'm new to this forum. I have an MX3 just like the one at the top of the page but with no wing and a crappy red paint job. I love the car though. I love to fix under-$200 breakdowns because the car is easy to work on. (And I'm mechanically inclined)

Anyway, I have no clue what this KLZE is. :shrug: Looks like radio station call letters

I'm gonna go search and find out. But if I don't get any results with "What is a klze," I'm coming back to this thread and I will demand a FULL explanation :lol:

Edward Rose
edward_rose_77

Post by edward_rose_77 »

Well the search feature was useless. But I know how to use Google! :wink:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Mazda K engine KZ-LE
Manufacturer Mazda
Production 1992–2002
Successor Mazda AJ engine

The Mazda K-series automobile engine is a short stroke, 60° V6 24-valve with belt-driven DOHC and aluminum-alloy cylinder heads and block. Their displacements range from a tiny 1.8 L ,2.0 L, 2.3 L miller cycle and 2.5 L. They all use a 27-degree DOHC valvetrain with directly actuated hydraulic (HLA) bucket lifters. The K-series also feature a highly-ridgid, all-aluminum split-crankcase engine block design with 4 & 6 bolts for each main journal, internally balanced forged crankshaft with long, lightweight forged carbon steel connecting rods. They were designed to be as compact as possible for short-hood front-wheel drive applications.

A unique innovation of the K-series is the introduction of Variable Resonance Induction System (VRIS). Based on the Helmholtz resonance principle, the intake manifold is equipped with 3 chambers tuned to a specific resonant frequency. The computer dynamically switches between each resonant chamber to achieve the appropriate resonant frequency for the engine's RPM. This effect optimizes volumetric efficiency over a given RPM range to provide maximum torque over the entire RPM range. VRIS is used on the K8, KF, and KL but nearly all modern V6 engines are now using this technology.

The K-series all have a 7,000 RPM redline with 7500 RPM limiter, which given the engine design is conservative. The KJ-ZEM Miller cycle engine had a 6,000 rpm redline, but was only available with an automatic transmission.

The Mazda K-series was conceptualized and co-developed with Suzuki in which Mazda handled the bulk of the engineering with valuable input from Porsche. The early 2.0 L Suzuki H20A and Mazda KF share the same bore, stroke and displacement but the similarities end there. The Suzuki uses a timing chain, configured for RWD and as a result is physically larger. Suzuki focused on building ever-larger torque-producing engines for their SUV lineup, while Mazda focused on high-technology and power output. The Suzuki and Mazda engines do not share any components at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazda_K_engine
Bill_Peacock

Post by Bill_Peacock »

Would you know why my MX-3 GS (anti lock's all the way around if that matters) with a newly installed KZLE engine (2.5) does not idle very well? It seems to have a ton of power, but will sometimes idle down to less then 300RPM then next stop be at 1500 RPM's. Have checked timing, etc. Plus it seems to miss at low idle, but I can't tell if it misses at higher RPM's once I rev it up.
muttpower

Post by muttpower »

Bill_Peacock wrote:Would you know why my MX-3 GS (anti lock's all the way around if that matters) with a newly installed KZLE engine (2.5) does not idle very well? It seems to have a ton of power, but will sometimes idle down to less then 300RPM then next stop be at 1500 RPM's. Have checked timing, etc. Plus it seems to miss at low idle, but I can't tell if it misses at higher RPM's once I rev it up.
OK, first off, this has crap to do with the topic, other than it being a question about the same engine. And second, use the search feature...tons of posts about your question. For real guy, you just killed the point of this thread. :roll:

Now I can post my smart@$$ response to the topic at hand...

I heard a KLZE was a ... F*ck it, I give up. This thread's dead now... :shrug:
1992 MX3 GS (My Project Toy)
K8DE, see web site...too many mods to list, but still growing.
2006 Dodge Durango (The Family-Mobile)
Every time you race a Honda Civic, a kitten kills a retard.
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

Bill_Peacock wrote:Would you know why my MX-3 GS (anti lock's all the way around if that matters) with a newly installed KZLE engine (2.5) does not idle very well? It seems to have a ton of power, but will sometimes idle down to less then 300RPM then next stop be at 1500 RPM's. Have checked timing, etc. Plus it seems to miss at low idle, but I can't tell if it misses at higher RPM's once I rev it up.
check your headlight fluid level...fixed my problem :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Ahhh, we had some good posts goin too. I wish we had a smiley that was smacking itself in the forehead.

But anyways, I don't need a KLZE now, I just found out that it was an chemical compound used for freeing up clogged injectors.

(you had to know that someone would serously ask the question) :roll: :wink:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”