hesitation

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: hesitation

Post by Mooneggs »

you may have distributor problems as well... I recently also had an issue where my rpms from 3-4k would hesitate and the needle would literally flutter... also my CEL would flash briefly... it ended up being a faulty distributor... something to do with the internal pickups since it was a 7 nipple... but still I wouldn't rule out your distributor.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

it was replaced with reman one ~15K ago or so
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Just bad gas can even make your check engine light flash & the car run like poo. Happened when I sold my rs, the guy put reserve
gas in. Once he burnt the gas out and put good stuff in ran fine & has ever since (been over a year).
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
1993 RS 5 speed SOHC with 89,000 original KMs! (rising fast though).
1994 RS 4 cyl auto- running parts car with 104,000 KMs
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Well new filter came in (ordered on ebay) and I only worked 7-11 today so after work I've ripped old one off and put new one on there. Primed fuel pump and started up and took it around the block. It runs very well, no hesitation at all, no CEL. I've still got bottle of Heet I'll put in next tank. Guess where old (original) fuel filter is made? I want to take it apart and see how it's built inside/how dirty it is.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

Glad to hear i called it from the start (I should be more modest).
1994 GS 5 speed 1.8, fresh black paint, flowmaster muffler & Little smelly pine tree
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

CEL light is back on again, gotta pull codes. Wish it was obd1, much simpler and easier to work with.
Daveb

Post by Daveb »

When i pull my GS out in the spring the ce light usually flashes off and on randomly. After I run the car for a week or two the problem clears
itself out. I believe when you leave them sit the O2 sensor gets a bit of crud on it and after you run it a while it clears off. One of my local
car gurus tells me its a common problem after storage.

dont know if this helps anyone :)
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Daveb wrote:When i pull my GS out in the spring the ce light usually flashes off and on randomly. After I run the car for a week or two the problem clears
itself out. I believe when you leave them sit the O2 sensor gets a bit of crud on it and after you run it a while it clears off. One of my local
car gurus tells me its a common problem after storage.

dont know if this helps anyone :)
Would explain why my CEL went on when I first bought my mx3 and never returned again.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

CEL went off, Ill run a bottle of Heet anyways, already bought it.
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I had some major bucking today. Oil light would go on if I let off throttle and CEL came on and it just would resist accelerating and would buck under load going up the hills. I wonder if something wrong with injector(s) etc.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I would check fuel related items... injectors and fuel pump... I finally solved my vicious bucking problem today... solution = fuel pump
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

Mooneggs wrote:I would check fuel related items... injectors and fuel pump... I finally solved my vicious bucking problem today... solution = fuel pump
which one did you get? Would you have your CEL come on also?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I used a pump from an RS we just tore apart recently... drove it hard again today with no issues whatsoever - would have never guessed that the whole time it was the fuel pump.
stoker100

Post by stoker100 »

i would say disty from the symptoms you are describing, when the car is at lights the engine bay gets hotter and the heat causes the disty to fail, i had bucking when my disty was failing. (you might also want to check your cap and rotor for carbon). if you have another disty it wont hurt to swap it over.
KLZE powered 94' probe MTX, MS1V3, MSD, intake/exhaust, rebuilt etc etc
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79905&p=611207
mazda___mx3
antispam: No

Post by mazda___mx3 »

check the gas cap as well, if its leaking the gas tank wont have any pressure, You should here a some air escaping when you remove your gas cap

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”