Miata internals/ MX-3 internals

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MapaX5
antispam: No

Re: Miata internals/ MX-3 internals

Post by MapaX5 »

now, on to the head gasket...they are the same.
all B6 DOHC gaskets are the same wether for the miata, or the mx-3, or the 323s, or even the capris. we all have the same part numbers, based on a quick call to my buddy over at the mazda dealer here in FL.
just fyi.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Corksport told me different when I wanted to see if I could use an upgraded miata b6 HG for my turbo project. I was told that the oil(?) passages were different.
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

well, tell you what...
go to autozone, ask for a head gasket for a '91 miata (which i have one) and a '93 capri (same as an mx-3) and ask them to give you the part numbers.
they'll be the same.
when i asked for a '94 mx-3, they said they had no listing, "has to be a dealer part", so i then called my local mazda dealer, and the parts dept. told me it was the same as a miata gasket.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

here ya go...
1991 Mazda MX-5
1.6L MFI DOHC 4cyl B6ZE
Head gasket part number: 9691PT

1993 Mercury Capri
1.6L MFI Turbo DOHC 4cyl B6T
Head gasket part number : 9691PT

1994 Mazda MX-3
1.6L MFI DOHC 4cyl B6D

1993 Mercury Capri
1.6L MFI DOHC 4cyl B6D
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

but don't quote me on this. if you go and buy one and your engine blows up, it's on you! lol.
i am going to use this on my car as soon as my miata head comes back from porting and getting the water hole in the front covered.
there's a lack of capris around here for some reason! lol
MapaX5

Post by MapaX5 »

limegreen...idk if you realize it, but you PMd me, instead of quoting me.
unless you meant to do that?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”