Just installed my KLZE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx34u2nv

Re: Just installed my KLZE

Post by mx34u2nv »

u can use the long neck im and the kl31 tb on the mx3. All u have to do is remove the wheel on the side of the throttle body and replace it with the one from the k8.

there are some parts on the kl31tb that u will have to grind off, but its all extra metal and doesn effect performance.
Full fx designs body kit, Apex lowering springs tokico struts, walbro fuelpump, klze, 17" sachhi wheels, b'm short throw shifter, ractive frount and rear tower bars, kl36 ecu. all for sale....pending
ManoWar

Post by ManoWar »

Ok so the problem ended up being shitty 02 sensors, coupled with shitty ecu, with a glazing of shitty spark plugs. :lol:

Ok so the straight intake manifold is beginning to give me headaches.
I need to find a KL36/KL31 ecu, and i think that the MAF/VAF KL02 will not work well with a straight neck.
Also i need to get the new ecu so i can install the 02 sensors that came with the engine.
Oh boy.... money pit here i come :D.

Questions:
Does the KL02 fit with the straight neck?
And where can i find some serious drive axles?
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

If you want to run a KL31 ECU you'll need a JE50 VAF, which is what the K8 uses.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

Someone has almost figured it out... Pats long hidden secret... BUT you still arnt using the straight necks TB and he is :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Mnemonic wrote:Someone has almost figured it out... Pats long hidden secret... BUT you still arnt using the straight necks TB and he is :)
would you like to elaborate? lol
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Look into a KLG4 IM. It's the best bolt on IM. The VRIS points are the same as the DE straight neck, but it clears the brake booster, flows almost as good as the ZE, and can be ported more than the ZE. It's from a '98-2002 626.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”