Interesting thing about stock inj and turbo

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3boyze

Re: Interesting thing about stock inj and turbo

Post by mx3boyze »

Man we were leaning out major on stock injectors with a 255 Walbro and no fuel management. Fuel would cut out at about 5500rpm and throw you into the steering whee lol. <---Testing Purposes only. This is crazyness.
ij86yn87
antispam: No

Post by ij86yn87 »

as long as you have your fmu and pressure regulator its gonna work just fine. if you want to run rich all the time put both stock nd aftermarket pressure regulator.
ij86yn87
antispam: No

Post by ij86yn87 »

ive boosted all the way to 10 psi, of course my engine blew cause it by mistake boosted the upper engine section by switching the wastegates hoses on the intake. But beside that I had no problem with fuel cutting off at all and it didnt go lean. So to my opinion i would stick to stock injectors undr 10 psi.
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

im running ms and i im currently running 3.63 psi with stock injectors and i cant go passed 6000rpm cause im leaning out like crazy...

need those milli S
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

johnmx3ze wrote:im running ms and i im currently running 3.63 psi with stock injectors and i cant go passed 6000rpm cause im leaning out like crazy...

need those milli S

How is that? are you on an fmu?

im on a fmu.. afpr.. stock injectors

6 psi.

with no fmu yeah it will lean out.

I would run lean when my im gasket would leak under boost conditions.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Honestly, with a FMU Injectors size in a sense, goes up. If you have 230cc injectors running a FMU 12:1, you can boost where 400cc injectors would be neeeded, or even higher. I know a kid with a stock protege with 230cc injectors, and a 12:1 was running the same fuel ratios as my car, and I have 460cc injectors.

Also it is important to note, you need a fuel pump that can handle this, so fuel for turbos can be as easy as a fuel pump and FMU. Also I would try to disc changes, you would be surpirsed to find out that an 8:1 might even work for you. ;)

Return to “Forced Induction”