[GI] Who wants Slim Visors? *UPDATE*

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
turbulence23

Re: [GI] Who wants Slim Visors?

Post by turbulence23 »

are these 100% similar to the original slimvisors sold some time ago by a company in de US?

really like them, have a set, but spare one isnt bad to have..
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I think so. I'm going to use Mooneggs' for a template, and match the darkness as close as possible; hopefully perfectly. I'll put up pictures when I make them.
I'm waiting for someone from this site to say "O.K.".
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hotsiit
Supporting Member

Post by hotsiit »

...Awaiting pics first...but I am 99% sure I am in regardless :D
Chris--It's HOTNESS, you wouldn't understand! -- Donate to MX-3.com--It'll make you feel good!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/colonelsmx3
1993 Mazda MX-3 RS-Turbo
1993 Mazda RX-7 touring
1983 Mazda RX-7 GSL
1995 Subaru Impreza L AWD Sedan
1987 Jeep Comanche
Leedeth

Post by Leedeth »

How does this work? Do I have to say for sure that I will be buying a pair. I want to wait for pics before making a decision, but if I wait, will I still be able to get a pair?
92 MX-3 RS (B6-ME, MTX) - front/rear strut bars
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, no :) I was just seeing if there were enough people interested, to determine whether I wanted to spend the money to start production. I don't expect anyone to make a final decision until they see detailed pictures of them on my car.
As it is, I'm waiting for the supplier to get darker sheets in. They have smoked, but it's a little lighter than the ones I've seen. Personally, I like this lighter material better. If anyone would like to see it, I can post pics of a sample peice I have. These should be done in about a week. Watch for the [FS]. They will come with adhesive, and detailed instructions.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
rekognize

Post by rekognize »

fowljesse wrote:I can post pics of a sample peice I have. These should be done in about a week. Watch for the [FS]. They will come with adhesive, and detailed instructions.
Post them :mrgreen:
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Here's the sample piece. It's hard to tell how dark it is in the bright sun, but I like it.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Mooneggs told me that it's too light, and I agree. I got the template done. It's based on the ones on his car. He made a suggestion, as an owner of them for a couple years... At the front, they taper down alot, so you can't actually open your windows much, and the rain drips off the front edge, right into the rubber, where it meets the window, so mine don't taper down as much. They are about 2mm wider at the front end. Also, I made the front end fit the mirror plate much better, since mine will be precisely CNC cut. I will put up pics, when they're done.
I will be going to the manufacturer tomorrow. If they have the poly in, it will begin!

Another (cheaper) option, would be to make these out of black plastic, like Mooneggs' fast car. They look exactly the same, but you can't see through them at all. If enough people want these, they WILL be cheaper. Let me know!

I'll keep posting progress.

I'm also thinking about making smoked eyebrows, so you get that aggro look, but don't lose as much light. Waddaya think about that?
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

im in for a set
negative on eyebrows tho
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Leedeth

Post by Leedeth »

fowljesse wrote:I'm also thinking about making smoked eyebrows, so you get that aggro look, but don't lose as much light. Waddaya think about that?
I want a set of those! :mrgreen:
92 MX-3 RS (B6-ME, MTX) - front/rear strut bars
punkindrublic

Post by punkindrublic »

hey... finally... jk
good too see this is happening !
id have to agree about it being to light...
darker would be better !!!

cant wait te see some pics... count me in jesse...

keep us updated !!!

cheers
1995 MX-3 GS (black) stock engine... for now hehe...
MSfront... mssides... GS wing...
5" tach w/shift light... A/F, Volt, & Oil Pressure gauges in dash vents... front and rear strut braces....
WORK IN PROGRESS
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Honestly black plastic ones wouldn't look bad at all - I don't want you to spend extra money or anything, but if there is any way that we could see a difference in what the two would look like, it would make decision making easier!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Take a look at Mooneggs' worklogs. He has the black ones on his fast car, and the smoked ones on his slow one. I'll see if I can have them make a set of black ones, while they're making the smoked ones, so i can do a side by side shot. I think the black ones look great.. Well, actually about the same as the smoked ones. They look exactly alike, unless there's light shining through.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

If 10 people want black ones, I can sell them for $50/ set, because the material is cheaper.
They don't restrict your view. Mooneggs showed me.
JeremyP

Post by JeremyP »

Im in for a set!
94' KF-ZE, 2 Tone black and gray, Projectors and altezzas ( black ), CAI, moulded mazdaspeed mini sides. Raised spoiler.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”