Cheap Ebay HID Kit

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Cheap Ebay HID Kit

Post by mitmaks »

SmoothMX3 wrote:No you won't melt your wiring, or your headlight shell.
But note: ... Anything is possible.. lol

The knock off HID kits are cheap... and good. If I wasnt so unhappy with the pattern on our lens i'd love mine. Which, I'd like them even more if I didnt accidently get 1000K... straight blue.. lol
umm.. maybe you should try adjusting your headlights to fix pattern problems. Most body shops have a spectial tool that attaches to your headlight and adjusts them.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

No there wont be any wire melting problem - these HID lights consume less power (35w) compared to the normal halogen bulbs (55w) - besides the kit i bought came with a separate harness - it uses the stock wiring only to turn on/off the lights.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

mitmaks wrote:
SmoothMX3 wrote:No you won't melt your wiring, or your headlight shell.
But note: ... Anything is possible.. lol

The knock off HID kits are cheap... and good. If I wasnt so unhappy with the pattern on our lens i'd love mine. Which, I'd like them even more if I didnt accidently get 1000K... straight blue.. lol
umm.. maybe you should try adjusting your headlights to fix pattern problems. Most body shops have a spectial tool that attaches to your headlight and adjusts them.
Adjusting my headlights? ... Though of it and tried it. I'm guessing the headlight adjuster things are broke on my car. Anyways, I don't think it would make too much of a difference. I doubt it's not so much of the angle of the headlights. I think it's more of the pattern that is on the lense. It'll be alright though... Once me and the wife gets the check for the new law being passed, I'm thinkin about getting someone to do me up a retrofit. who knows.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

ok, but whats the difference between the expensive and cheap kits? the ballasts?
too bad there arnt any kits on ebay for the 9004 conversion kit.

i had a look today at work, the 9004 kits generally go for about 200 and the ebay ones are only like $60. so there has to be some drastic changes between the two.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Listen bro... Look up just about any HID seller on ebay and they pretty much make them for you. I bought mine for my crx and the listing was for a total different type bulb then what the crx took. They just ask you what temp you want, what bulb your car takes, and then your done. easy as that.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

lol tahkns i never thaught of that.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

Some crappy cellphone pics of my HID kit beam pattern-

Low beam

High beam
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Even though the pictures look like straight up BLAH! ... I can actually see the road pretty good. I'm liking how it looks. Maybe I just need to adjust them, and maybe I need to get rid of the 1000K all together. All I see on the road is just blue! ... What temp does the bmw's use? 8000K?
Anyways, I'm gonna order a new set soon and we'll see how it is then.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Also... Are there any High/Low HID's that are cheap on ebay?
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

My kit is 6000K and cost me about $120 (including shipping)

Search for 9004 Bi-xenon or 9004 hi/lo on ebay
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

shameem wrote:My kit is 6000K and cost me about $120 (including shipping)

is your highbeam an h1 bulb? or is it HID as well??
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

No halogens - its a telescoping kit - it looks kinda dim in the picture - but its actually quite good
X3RCKT

Post by X3RCKT »

Sorry for being the newb on this but I am wondering the difference in what these bulbs are and the bulbs used in the Civic Projectors?
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

shameem wrote:My kit is 6000K and cost me about $120 (including shipping)

do you remember seller who you bought yours from? Id like to get a same kit as I really could use better lighting at night, especially if its raining
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

http://cgi.ebay.com/HID-BI-XENON-CONVER ... dZViewItem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would advice waiting atleast a few months before leaving feedback - just to make sure that everything works good for more than a few months.....

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”