Heated seats won't work

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
wytbishop

Re: Heated seats won't work

Post by wytbishop »

I have found out since my last post that the 14ohm resistance measured across my seat warmer heating elements is in fact within spec. The person who told me this suggested that there are probably several breaks in the element but at least one loop is still intact. Not enough to warm the seat, but enough to show continuity. He says he can fix them for $300 a side without screwing up the leather upholstery.

This means that the seat is menat to draw only about 1A of current. Not what I would have thought...but there you go. Proof that I don't know everything.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Vanished

Re: Heated seats won't work

Post by Vanished »

Odd...

I also found the fuse in the kick pannel, but haven't gotten around to checking continuity or resistance. THe fuse is good tho.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”