SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Omg, I hate F*ckin with this stuff dude, for real.
Started laying some bondo on the top and ended up putting too much hardner in it, and tried spreading it anyways. had to let that lil bit dry then sanded alittle and applied more. started to roll the edges and quickly learned it's easier molding in a back bumper then it is messing with a flat to flat surface. I ended up sanding the bondo off where i tried to roll the edges, and sanded the front down smooth. primed it. I ended up spraying just yellow paint with a sprinkle of chrome, because the paint store didnt have the color i thought they did. i was going to do it in yellow flake. only reason i sprinkled the chrome on there is because after i threw on the paint i noticed a few tiny scratches. The chrome will pull your eye and you wont notice the little scratch marks. LMAO!!
So on all the sides and back im just going to wrap it with fleece. It looks like a-- sis i didnt get to put the color i wanted, but F it. lol
This weekend once i get my coilovers on... i'll feel better. hehe
I want to go ahead and get this lip also. oh yeah, i forgot to take before and after pics of the speaker box. it's just a normal squre box anyways. I might have some pics of bondo work ive done back in the day.. if i find some, ill post it. later
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

My previous mazda was a 92 GS that looked EXACTLY like yours. I too painted my calipers yellow. I do have pics but they arent scanned but when I do, I can post them up for you if you'd like. I have a 94 now but it needs quite a bit of work before it's road-ready. I miss dirving it but if its not a total loss, I just picked up an 08 subaru Legacy 5 spd for my wife (a lot of fun). Things are looking great for you on your project, keep up the good work!
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

mazdags94 wrote:My previous mazda was a 92 GS that looked EXACTLY like yours. I too painted my calipers yellow. I do have pics but they arent scanned but when I do, I can post them up for you if you'd like. I have a 94 now but it needs quite a bit of work before it's road-ready. I miss dirving it but if its not a total loss, I just picked up an 08 subaru Legacy 5 spd for my wife (a lot of fun). Things are looking great for you on your project, keep up the good work!
Thanks man... When ya get the pics scanned, I'd love to see em.
At first the color wasnt my top choice, but after a week of having the car also once i put my rims on, i love the color.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Welp, I was outside today taking some snaps of the kids, and thought i'd play give my mx-3 some attention as well. I bought my wife this camera, even though we already have a nice camera. Why did she want this one? .. it's pink. lol
She just had to have this camera that is pink, thin, and a big screen. Anyways, I'm getting the money's worth out of it for her. haha
Here ya go...

Here in the picture is some of my clean garage and a sexy mx-3. Oh, yeah... and a sexy guy.

I really hate to say this, but... Other then my wife's rear end, I've fallen in love with another rear end.

Just a pic of my ride. Hoping someone will photoshop it lowered with a black lip.

Playing around with the camera and ended up wanting to keep this pic. looks awsome.

Thats all i got for now. enjoy!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Getting my drop tomorrow.
I'll post pics as soon as im done. yay for me!
peace
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It actually looks alright at that height, but will look great lower!
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

your rims would look like sex on my car :D
K8 :: 136.8 bhp---160 nm---108.0 whp---118lbs/torque
ET: 15.567 @ 136 kmh (84 mph)
"Racing a Honda is like being in the special Olympics, you may win, but in the end your still retarded."
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

You need to polish your headlights!!! the d/s is way clearer then the p/s.

Is that your CRX??
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I think thats just the picture with my headlights... Passenger side is pretty clear also. Once I put the coilovers on, Ima take some glamour shots... there will see.

Outlaw? ... Bro, Trust me. The rims don't look at good as you think. I'll take some pics of the bad parts about the rims.

Can't wait till I lower it. Waiting for my sister to get done dying her hair so my bro inlaw can rent the spring compressor's.

We'll see what she looks like in acouple hours...
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Oh... and yes, That's my Crix sitting over there. It's just chillin. lol
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

WTF????!!!!!
I drop my car... and it's higher!! lmao
Dude, seriously.. I've dropped a few cars, and this has NEVER happened. My bro has quite a few cars as well and he's never seen this before either. Does anyone know how long the coil springs are pose to be on a coilover kit???
This is crazy... If anyone can help at all... please call... 1-(334)-790-6215
se7en

Post by se7en »

you said that you had coilovers now...can't you adjust them to lower the ride height?

1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Bro... We lowered them all the way. We don't know whats going on.
They were some extra coilovers I had for the crx. Guess this is what i get for using coilovers off another car. lol
Also.. lmao.. your gonna laugh at me. We tried to put the stock springs back on, and they would not go back on because the coil spring compressor was compressed all the way. when we took the springs off they kinda popped off cuz we couldnt get it compressed all the way. lmao.. omg..
So... Im screwwed. My car is still on jacks.. and will be until i can order a new coilover set.
I looked at some drop zone coil overs and they look they same as these.. today was just a straight up waste of time. anyone got any ideas as to why it would not drop?..
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Anyone know where i can get some coilovers for a good price. there are some dropzone coilovers on ebay for like $130.00 bucks... im p/o.. lol.. you have no idea.
se7en

Post by se7en »

you know...you could just cut the springs for now to get you back on the road.....
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”