K8 headers..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Re: K8 headers..

Post by fieromx3 »

Vanished wrote:WOAH

I just read what you posted in your first post, I totally misread it. I thought you were looking for headers to put on your k8 that you wanted to put on a 'future' KLZE, but what you want is headers for your KLZE that is currently in your car.
:werd:

while doing a kl-ze or a kl-de swap from ur k8 u hafta use the k8 manifolds on the KL as on the front bank the KL manifold bolt pattern doesnt line up on the k8 downpipe.

for after market headers any 2.5L KL ones will work on the K8.. but the cat as mx3autozam said will have to be moved 8inches back.

and you cant just go to a wrecking yard and get klze manifolds/downpipes... kl-ze were never produced in north america... but u can get them from a KL-DE but why would u wanna do that? theres no power gain from them plus the downpipe on a probe or mx6 is more resricted (from what i read) bcuz there is a much tighter bend in the pipe.. but maybe the diameter of the pipin is larger and will flow better??
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
zzzoomx3

Post by zzzoomx3 »

cool cool - thanks for the replies - i ended up buying some headers off ebay that a member of my local mazda group got for his car. he had good things to say about the performance, quality and fitment - so we'll see. i'll definitely post my experience with them..
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

hmm interesting, look just like SSautochrome ones...hope they work well! let us know
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”