Everyone who had a KLZE die!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
dubspeed

Re: Everyone who had a KLZE die!

Post by dubspeed »

I went thru the same thing with the 1.8l b4 the klze swap....Car runs great, then out of the blue, the car dies, leaving u on the side of the road for like 5 mins, and then it starts up and is fine, and u drive away...Then itll b good for a few days, then it does it again, then gets worse by doing it more and more and more often...it sure sounds like the IGNITOR in the DISTRIBUTER to me....its like a $500CAN fix... or try to find a used DIST in the boneyard, or find a new IGNITER and get that replaced. Seems too much to do this in the backyard, so i would bring it into MAZDA DEALERSHIP for this fix...Hope this helps...
shameem
Supporting Member

Post by shameem »

dubspeed wrote:I went thru the same thing with the 1.8l b4 the klze swap....Car runs great, then out of the blue, the car dies, leaving u on the side of the road for like 5 mins, and then it starts up and is fine, and u drive away...Then itll b good for a few days, then it does it again, then gets worse by doing it more and more and more often...it sure sounds like the IGNITOR in the DISTRIBUTER to me....its like a $500CAN fix... or try to find a used DIST in the boneyard, or find a new IGNITER and get that replaced. Seems too much to do this in the backyard, so i would bring it into MAZDA DEALERSHIP for this fix...Hope this helps...
search for HEI mod - its $50 fix for the problem you described...
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

my hei mod was like 25 dllrs, w00t!
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”