Mooneggs 92 MX-3 Daily Driver IP 2013 in review

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

They are 01-03 Civic Projectors... there's alot of people who have modded them to fit. I don't have any detailed pictures of how I fitted them but I will probably be modding another set soon or getting the projectors off one of the projector threads...
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Audessy wrote:Omg. I want your headlights. How did you get them like that? Or where did you get them from?
read the appearance FAQ
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I got my Euro OEM tails in quicker than I expected... I had to modify the left side since the "foglight" hole was covered up with metal. Nothing a dremel can't fix. Then I sprayed the amber signals red and installed them the same night!

fresh out of the box, then straight to modifying and spraying:

Next was the installation with comparative pics:

Here's the shots of stock lights at night (with the rear fog light mod):

And here's the shots of the euro tails (with rear fog light mod):

Now I've noticed that the left side tail light that I had to cut out the socket. That side fog light has a curved reflector on the inside that makes the light have round edges whereas the right side light has a reflector that fills the entire space up to the "straight line". I guess this means I'll have to get an OEM German set as well since the fog light will be on the left... *sighs* :roll:
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Nice work Mark.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Awesome tail lights..me have always wnated these!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I got a lot done this weekend on the fast car. I am taking a trip up to Ohio to visit my sister next weekend and I want the car to be in good shape. I've put off some of this stuff for some time now so no more procrastination! I've got some rust on the springs but it's not much and some of the paint/coating is coming off. Not sure if that is a problem or not. Still rides fine IMO...

I replaced:
•Both outer tie rod ends
•Both front strut mounts and strut bearings
•Both rear strut mounts and I removed the bumpstops

I also received my MS carbon look shifter knob. It screws on directly but it is MUCH smaller than the stock knob and very lightweight. It has no lip to hook the boot to, but I may cut part of a stock knob off and glue it to the bottom (not sure yet if that will work). Anyways here's how it looks...

96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

i love your cars :shock:
i wish i could do all that carbon fiber stuff...lol
good job
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Well I took my entire speedo apart to change the color of the clock. I also put in red covers on all the bulbs for the backlighting...

I went and bought some transparent file folders (office supplies) to replace the clock covering. I took out the green one and tried blue but it didn't look right. I finally tried purple and it turned the clock to a bluish color which matches the indiglo gauges...

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

after much procrastinating (4 years worth) I finally installed the SRD engine member mount bushings. I did this with just a floor jack and 2 jackstands. My motivation was that I also had the front and rear AWR mounts to install.

If you are going to install the AWR mounts be prepared to cut the rear motor mount bolt. Since the tranny is still in the car you will not be able to get it out! I used a dremel and a tungsten drill bit to cut off the head. I bought a new bolt at Lowe's.

I also had to drill a little around the edges for the front srd bushings since they weren't seating just right. I don't have too many pics of this... but I will say the motor mounts make a huge difference! I used the front probe AWR mount and the rear mx-3 motor mount (88 durometer). I had to enlarge the holes from 3/8 to 1/2 for the probe front mount to fit.

oh yeah here's what my SRD crossmember looks like after 4 years... I had to dremel the edges cause I couldnt' get a socket over the bolt!

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I also went up to Ohio and picked up some leather seats. They look better than the blue/jungle print seats... Anyways I am still on the hunt for OEM heated leather seats...

OH and I got an alignment too! :D

took a few pics for the scrapbook....

matt753

Post by matt753 »

Wow, the gauges look great, where did you pick up the white coverings from?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

The gauges are called "otto G3" gauges... I got them off of ebay, they pop up from time to time but are more expensive (around $60).
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Well after 3 weeks of just sitting I finally got the fast car running again. My alternator died and it killed my battery in the process... SO I bought a "titanium" battery from advance autoparts for $80... I probably will not spend more than that on a battery... I have had a yellow top optima and an interstate... screw paying that much for a battery anymore... not worth it IMO from experience... ANYWAYS thanks to mx3autozam for selling me the millenia alternator and a HUGE thanks to tunes67 for sending me the millenia alternator plug and helping me figure out how to wire it and everything... :D

I also took off all of the a/c components: a/c compressor, bracket, piping, condensor and all other related a/c parts in the engine bay.

I got a smaller Gates belt for a 96 probe GT 2.5L without A/C... works just fine! I also redid my CAI into the fender and relocated the coolant overflow tank.

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I guess I should update... I really haven't done anything except I went to the drag strip on 11/8 and I will probably be on the Speed Channel this Spring... read about it here: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=62064

Anyways I am now in a debate on what to do... I have started a poll here about my dilemna: http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=441265
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Re: Mooneggs - 1992 mx-3 gs "fast car" (tons of pics)

Post by Mooneggs »

I finally got motivated to redo my headliner... after a first failed attempt using heavy synthetic leather about a year ago I have not had a headliner in the car. So I went and bought some much lighter material and used the same glue... it turned out pretty well I guess :shrug: at least everything is black now.

I think I may and try to paint the center lights housing black as well. I'm in the process of trying to put the material on the visors as well but it looks to be difficult :?

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”