K8 Top Speed

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

Did 210km/h (125MPH with the 178 000km 1994 K8 )
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

It as been a long time i didnt came to this topic.
First off all, it is weird that some people said i was bs and then another user said the same speed's and it was allright ...
Second i cannot tape the top speed video yet, because as i explained, my hood bounces a LOT when i reach 115 mph ...
Third i really think that the video is the best idea that someone had for a longgggggggggggg time, but then again, when i tape the video and show everyone the speed my K8 can reach, then i can make fun of everyone that has a KLZE, because it is a waste of money .
OK ?

We all have Mazda Mx3 , and despite the engine inside i think that EVERYONE should joke around but still support fellow MX3 owner's ... but i really think that a few user's here , shuld get a Honda and some afterburner F16 backwing ...
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

well like i saidmy car blew up.
Im fixing it soon, but i dont have plans to go that fast anytime soon.
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

OutlaW wrote:
We all have Mazda Mx3 , and despite the engine inside i think that EVERYONE should joke around but still support fellow MX3 owner's ... but i really think that a few user's here , shuld get a Honda and some afterburner F16 backwing ...
LOL thats amazing :)

my mx has 290 000km's on it and ive gone 210kms i dont see any reason to go any faster, unless i wanted to kill myself or something lol emo ftw :shock:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Thinking that the klze is a waste of money is a joke.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
MoRf

Post by MoRf »

hgallegos915 wrote:Thinking that the klze is a waste of money is a joke.
Vouch . 200hp >>> 130 lol
Sal

Post by Sal »

went riding with a few motorcycles last summer tried to keep up, the fastest i did was 197km/h i wanted to reach 200 but i was afraid i would blow the engine it got too close to the red line. and correct me if im wrong i think the rpm was like at 6500-6700...i 4got havent gone that fast in a while now... :lol:..i just have a cold air intake system other then that its stock...
Last edited by Sal on April 13th, 2007, 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

only 110??!!!.....
wow well here check these out
http://ghost.digerati-hosting.com/Car%20Sounds/
009 and 002 are best
I still cant find anywhere in the shop manual where it says there should be a 1in hole in the side of the block. (Blown K8) #6 rod thrown through block.
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

OutlaW wrote:It as been a long time i didnt came to this topic.
First off all, it is weird that some people said i was bs and then another user said the same speed's and it was allright ...
Second i cannot tape the top speed video yet, because as i explained, my hood bounces a LOT when i reach 115 mph ...
Third i really think that the video is the best idea that someone had for a longgggggggggggg time, but then again, when i tape the video and show everyone the speed my K8 can reach, then i can make fun of everyone that has a KLZE, because it is a waste of money .
OK ?

I didn't mean to bash you personally when I called bs. It's just that, to me, that was an extraordinary claim and I found it difficult to believe.

K8 vs. ZE...(assuming the K8 will do 145mph):
K8 top speed = 145mph
ZE top speed = 160mph?
More importantly, K8 0-145mph = ? vs. ZE 0-145mph = ?
Probably a huge difference there.

I will vouch that the KL engines make the K8 feel like a little toy. You can almost spin the tires through first without popping the clutch.

The truth is in the numbers. Once you feel it, you will believe it :lol:
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
Custom_V6_Limited_SE

Post by Custom_V6_Limited_SE »

MazdaNoob123 wrote:only 110??!!!.....
wow well here check these out
http://ghost.digerati-hosting.com/Car%20Sounds/
009 and 002 are best
Umm, 85 < 110.

Although, I will admit that it has a pretty nice tone.
'93 MX-3 GS SE:My Mods
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I can spin the tires without popping the clutch LOL

the top speed is more of a drive train issue. Sure maybe the k8 can go to fast but only sometimes in its life. If you drive it constantly, k8, ze klde anything.. the bearings (nunmber 6) get weak at that speed due to low oil pressure. Unless you want to blow your engine then yeah go ahead and drive at that speed or crash and die(hopefully that doesnt happen to anyone) or even worse end up killing someone else.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JM1EC-V6

Post by JM1EC-V6 »

hgallegos915 wrote:...the bearings (nunmber 6) get weak at that speed due to low oil pressure. Unless you want to blow your engine then yeah go ahead and drive at that speed or crash and die(hopefully that doesnt happen to anyone) or even worse end up killing someone else.
I actually not agree at all with you. The oil pressure in 1st@7000rpm = oil pressure in 5th@7000rpm.

If your oil pump is in the specs, number six (even if always a little bit lower than number one cyl.) will be safe & reliable.

I know what i'm saying, i have a oil pressure gauge and i frequently open and repair K-series V6's.

Hope this will open the eyes of everyone here.
'94 Mx-3 GS-R SE, KL-ZE Interprep. (From '96 PGT KL)
1110Kg
-Interprep KL31 Spec.
ported heads, Polished combustion chamber,3 angle vlv job,10.3:1 C.R.,0.020'' O.S.,KL31 cam,-0.007'' heads,Long neck IM,KL31 TB, Hotshot headers,2.25'' exhaust,Magnaflow cat
ImageImageImage
MazdaNoob123

Post by MazdaNoob123 »

Custom_V6_Limited_SE wrote:
OutlaW wrote:It as been a long time i didnt came to this topic.
OK ?

I didn't mean to bash you personally when I called bs. It's just that, to me, that was an extraordinary claim and I found it difficult to believe.

K8 vs. ZE...(assuming the K8 will do 145mph):
K8 top speed = 145mph
ZE top speed = 160mph?
More importantly, K8 0-145mph = ? vs. ZE 0-145mph = ?
Probably a huge difference there.

I will vouch that the KL engines make the K8 feel like a little toy. You can almost spin the tires through first without popping the clutch.

The truth is in the numbers. Once you feel it, you will believe it :lol:
The KLZE will go no faster than a K8. (unless you have the 626 tranny from what i hear)
If anything i dont think it would go as fast unless your crazy enough to rev a KLZE over 7000 RPM for more than a few seconds. At 145 i was at 7200 RPM.
I admit since ive drove both K8 and KLZE engined cars that, the k8 does feel like a toy, the power and torque of the KLZE is far superior.
About the videos i posted.
The point wasnt to show of the overal top speed of the car. Im holding a camera, trying to shift, and steer the car all at once. Doing 85 in third, compared to his 110 in 5th makes me laugh. I could do almost 120 in 4th if i remember correctly. Also please note that all of those videos were taken when the car had shitty shitty gas in it, and i was also on unlevel ground. Mostly up hill.
OutlaW

Post by OutlaW »

I dont unserstand how people try to explain that the KLZE is faster to reach a speed against a K8 ... i simply cannot understand that.

KLZE ... STOCK ... 200 bhp
K8 ...... STOCK ... 128 bhp

Is it that hard to see a difference ? about 72 differences ?
I never said that my K8 Mx3 was faster against a KLZE Mx3... i mencioned the top speed that my car reached , i didnt mencioned that i smoked a Ferrari F50 on doing that .

Stick to the topic guys, KLZE has proven it's thing, it doesnt need new lawyers ... i am going to try and have the faster K8 in Portugal, then Europe, then the world ... :wink:
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

i hate these topspeed threads, everyone seems to have different storys on what there car does and what not. I know wih my k8 there was NO WAY i was reaching 145 mph, unless maybe if i wanted to drive for an hour. With my ze it was easy..and now that mi turbocharged...hell im there in seconds : P eitherway my car still cant go past ther 140-145 mph mark cause of the tranny.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”