Worst day of my life

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Awe man, I hate that "everything in threes" thing. My Celica was hit three times in two months. Ruined the car for me and I'm selling it eventhough it runs fine. It was the dailey driver to the MX-3 which is "really" my dailey driver seeing as how I cannot drive the Celica when the MX-3 is so pretty and fast :P
If the Ze was rebuilt and it was only the oil pump you should be ok finding the issue and jsut replacing the offending part. If rings then I'd do a cylinder hone just in case. If it was a rod bearing I'd pull the crank and check the bearing seats for scoring. If they are baby smooth buy some new bearings (maybe even oversize them depending on how you drive and if you have had the crank milled). Get a new oil pump (stock, not Toga or shimmed) and you should be good to go. Don't trash a motor just b/c it is broken. Most likely it is fixable.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hgallegos915 wrote:Hey so the oil pump fucked or was it a dropped valve? u guys open it yet?
If it dropped a valve it would still start. Its kind of obvious she has siezed up. We opened it up today. looks fine. nothing moves inside the motor though.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

PATDIESEL wrote:Awe man, I hate that "everything in threes" thing. My Celica was hit three times in two months. Ruined the car for me and I'm selling it eventhough it runs fine. It was the dailey driver to the MX-3 which is "really" my dailey driver seeing as how I cannot drive the Celica when the MX-3 is so pretty and fast :P
If the Ze was rebuilt and it was only the oil pump you should be ok finding the issue and jsut replacing the offending part. If rings then I'd do a cylinder hone just in case. If it was a rod bearing I'd pull the crank and check the bearing seats for scoring. If they are baby smooth buy some new bearings (maybe even oversize them depending on how you drive and if you have had the crank milled). Get a new oil pump (stock, not Toga or shimmed) and you should be good to go. Don't trash a motor just b/c it is broken. Most likely it is fixable.
nah..my ze was never right man. it was quick,. but puffed blue when i stepped on it. It felt fast but others i've been in feel faster and i ahve more mods like headers and udp and fidanaza. my heads were milled 15thou during rebuild and yet my compression was 160 accross all 6..wtf up with that..i feel best buyinga fresh ze
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

damn sorry to hear about that atleat winter is comming so no worries you have lots of time to get her going again when i get my new car i will swing by we will have a few beers
later man
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

hoffman_BMX89 wrote:damn sorry to hear about that atleat winter is comming so no worries you have lots of time to get her going again when i get my new car i will swing by we will have a few beers
later man
ya man sounds great. Always up for a few beers. Mine and your cars were pretty much the same setup. It kinda sad to see mine just die suddenly. If it were to ahev been blown from me driving it really hard it would of been expected and would be fun. but s.hit happens. take care
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Bigg E

Post by Bigg E »

John really really sorry to hear about what happen to you and my old KLZE motor and top it off you had an ever worse day! BEST of luck on a new motor and hope everything gets better for ya man! you deserve it!
1995 MX-3 RS: ST lowering springs, Front & Rear Strut Bars, 95 GS spoiler, ACT Stage 1 Cltuch kit, B&M Short Throw, Corksport braided steal clutch line, Corksport bronze oil bushings, 17 inch BSA rims, Tint, Chrome Altezza's
Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/537422/1
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mx3autozam wrote: i feel best buyinga fresh ze
John, that's the second time you've mentioned "fresh ZE". I'm not sure what you consider fresh. If it means getting another ZE from an importer, you already know that there are no guarantees as to their condition. Things like mileage and compression are unknown quantities. I like Pat's idea. At present, you haven't found any broken components except for the oil pump. If you've got the time and place, then a rebuild might yield even a better ZE than you could anticipate from an importer and the money spent on a "freah ZE" would go a long way to making a much improved ZE rebuild.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I've spent enough time and money on this one rebuilt it alreday. It sucked a--. It was quick but never did run right. I've got tonnes of bolt ons yet other peoples car like Krishes just feel so much quicker. I just know somethings been wrong with mine. Also i will get this "fresh ze" from an importer. iw ill do some looking around and find the right one and will definitly not be from Tiger. I will get a nice clean one and I will inspect it througly. Also will have some kind of warranty. I'll do a compression test ocne its running in my car and go from there.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”