Clear Headlight Lenses And Body Kit

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Clear Headlight Lenses And Body Kit

Post by cjthor »

What rear bumper is this?
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

BUMP on this, any word on thies, im verry intrested, i sent a PM but no reply back yet.
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Even if the lenses are illegal, I'm not worried about someone "looking" for illegal headlamp covers. What's the worst that could happen? A slap on the hand, maybe a warning from a police officer...."Because of your headlamp covers, they practically blinded me as you were doing over 55mph." It's not like the lighting quality of a stock headlight is that bright, let alone blinding oncoming traffic.

I would take a set. :)
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

jaydog5678 wrote:Even if the lenses are illegal, I'm not worried about someone "looking" for illegal headlamp covers. What's the worst that could happen? A slap on the hand, maybe a warning from a police officer...."Because of your headlamp covers, they practically blinded me as you were doing over 55mph." It's not like the lighting quality of a stock headlight is that bright, let alone blinding oncoming traffic.

Nobody is going to get pulled over for headlight lenses - but if somebody with these lenses get into an accident at night time - even if its the other party's fault - you might be held liable by the insurance companies because you were using unauthorized equipment. The other driver can sure argue that in court and might even win a settlement....
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

chris, any update?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

ariesdude wrote:
jaydog5678 wrote:Even if the lenses are illegal, I'm not worried about someone "looking" for illegal headlamp covers. What's the worst that could happen? A slap on the hand, maybe a warning from a police officer...."Because of your headlamp covers, they practically blinded me as you were doing over 55mph." It's not like the lighting quality of a stock headlight is that bright, let alone blinding oncoming traffic.

Nobody is going to get pulled over for headlight lenses - but if somebody with these lenses get into an accident at night time - even if its the other party's fault - you might be held liable by the insurance companies because you were using unauthorized equipment. The other driver can
sure argue that in court and might even win a settlement....
True but the likely hood that, that would even happen i slike 1 in a million. 99 percent of people wont even know that its an illegal piece. i for one am not going to worrie about it. as i need a clear lense for my Projector swap. and dont feel like sanding and buffing mine clear
illapino

Post by illapino »

Steeb wrote:chris, any update?
i think cris has left
like most other New Product Developers . . .
Neil

Post by Neil »

ariesdude wrote:

Nobody is going to get pulled over for headlight lenses - but if somebody with these lenses get into an accident at night time - even if its the other party's fault - you might be held liable by the insurance companies because you were using unauthorized equipment. The other driver can sure argue that in court and might even win a settlement....
I dont know how things are settled in the USA over car accidents, but here in Brandon Manitoba when i got into a car Accident with my Civic Projectors installed in my car, and the accident was my fault. When the insurance adjuster took a look at my car they didnt even know that the Civic Projectors were not stock they though they where the stock head lights.

So unless the people who inspect the car are MX-3 experts the chances of them noticing is probaly very slim... That being said you never know, so i guess its a chance you have to take?
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

EDIT: corrected some of the spelling for the dip sht below

Well I think these are a lost cause (the head light lenses that is for those who think the thread is for an S 2000 bumper cover), as there has been no updates. So it’s back to the drawing board, with these. I will have to try and make my own. I was really hoping for these too
Last edited by Josh on August 4th, 2006, 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illapino

Post by illapino »

Josh wrote:well i think thies are a lost cause, as there has been no updates. so its back to the drawing board, with thies. i will have to try and make my own. i was really hoping for thies too
please stop saying "thies"!!!!.. cuth i don't know what thyor tocking about

damn, where did Barros go. i like his bumper
although a dream bumper for the mx-3 would incorporate a horizontal central grill as depicted in the Veilside kit for the EssTooThousand

c'mon people, THINK!
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

illapino wrote: damn, where did Barros go. i like his bumper
although a dream bumper for the mx-3 would incorporate a horizontal central grill as depicted in the Veilside kit for the EssTooThousand

c'mon people, THINK!
Something like this:
http://koopjes.marktplaats.nl/auto_dive ... &df=1&fta=
illapino

Post by illapino »

OH. MY. DEAR. GOD.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT.
GIVE ME ONE RIGHT NOW!@!!!!!!!!
I NEED A TRANSLATOR PLEASE
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

illapino wrote:
Josh wrote:well i think thies are a lost cause, as there has been no updates. so its back to the drawing board, with thies. i will have to try and make my own. i was really hoping for thies too
please stop saying "thies"!!!!.. cuth i don't know what thyor tocking about

damn, where did Barros go. i like his bumper

c'mon people, THINK!
Hey, a big Fck u dill hole. What the hell is your problem? So I typed some sht wrong, I was in a hurry big freakin whup. Get over it

This thread has to do with clear head light lenses anyways. So where does the S 2000 bumper come into play?

Anything to slam the one with AWD I swear!
Taras

Post by Taras »

Play nice kids and go back to sanding your lenses in your sandbox. Lol.
Taras
'92 GS Gray ZE
'05 Gixxer 750
MxWest VP
www.mx-west.com
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Taras wrote:Play nice kids and go back to sanding your lenses in your sandbox. Lol.
lol

Return to “New Product Development”