K8 Manual Tranny WILL Fit 2.3L KJ Motor *pics*

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Maybe Jaydog5678 (or whatever his name is on here) will do that one day. He has mentioned interest, but coming by a good hatch is difficult. There are several local Mazda recycelers in ATL and they scoop up alot of the good wrecked RX-7s.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

You know my name foo! :lol: Are you intoxicated? I would like to make the hatch work, however I may need a welder. Anyone have a couple grand laying around?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

jaydog5678 wrote:You know my name foo! :lol: Are you intoxicated? I would like to make the hatch work, however I may need a welder. Anyone have a couple grand laying around?
You should be able to rent a weld rig at a tool rental place.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

After a few days of practice we might as well have bought one too :wink:
I insure a tool rental place, but they still only give me so much of a discount.

Justin, I thought that was right, but it just seems funny that you used all those numbers with your screen name. I have a hard time remembering the numbers part. Why did you use "5678"?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Well, it was a long time ago and actually, someone else gave me the name. It's almost my birthdate by one day. It should have been 5578 instead of 5678.

I just need a new screen name. :D I don't like having #'s anymore.
PATDIESEL

Post by PATDIESEL »

J-Dog is taken now isn't it. Maybe the mods can delete him and give you his name and keep your post count. :lol:
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

NO- Jeff can change his name under the admin controls to just plain jaydog though and not change anything else.

Just like I changed you from WayFastWhitey a long tim ago...
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
colinsmx3

Re: K8 Manual Tranny WILL Fit 2.3L KJ Motor *pics*

Post by colinsmx3 »

It has been done b4...... I will find the pics. Since I work at Mazda I looked into it, and there is a salesman that has been with Mazda since the 88GTX came into the showroom..... I got talking to him and my car and he said that in 1992 at the Autoshow the version that they had on the turntable pedastil was a 2.3L Miller Cycle MX3. He said it was the concept version but it had still been done and drivable.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
se7en

Post by se7en »

reviving an old thread I see.....but in an interesting manner though.... so you say that it is possible???!? nice.
1992 mx-3 GS-T, 10-12psi, T3/t4 hybrid, Turbosmart WG, AFPR, SSAC TURBO pipes, MSD Blaster coil, K&N, AEM W/B, MSnS(full standalone), 225Whp street tuned(10psi), 245Whp (12psi)(300bhp!!!)
1992 Fairlady Z(JDM RHD) 2+2 TT black(done!)700whp+
My Feedback
Don't Click Here! Trust me,Time waster!
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Highly doubt it-- I dont think the miller cycle wasnt even in the Millenia then-- much less in an MX-3.

:roll:
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

Wrong there was a version of the engine in 91. I guess I get my info wrong working for Mazda and all..... :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”