belt squeeling problems plz help!!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
easy e

its back

Post by easy e »

well the squealing has returned but it doesnt last nearly as long as it used too , but it probably will...damn... so it wasnt the alt pulley ... back to the drawing board..
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

try taking off your power steering pump belt and then start up your car and see if it starts squealling if it doesn't then it could very well be your ac pump in that case your like me i still have to find out what size belt i need but that should fix the problem
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
lycanthrope

Post by lycanthrope »

i had an alternator on a KIA that would intermittently seize before, it would act-up and then run fine most of the time, now that wasn't cool at all, took the guys at the shop 4 times to figure that out, they kept saying nothing was wrong with the car, the last straw was when i didn't make it out of the parking lot, they decided to let the car run for 40 minutes before the alt. acted up again, swapped the alt, problem solved...

it never threw any belts though, i guess it would torque down and kill the engine to quickly...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”