Need part name.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

PATDIESEL wrote:Slim, that is an oil filter relocation kit, not a replacement oil cooler. (If I see the pic correctly) It won't help solve his problem and it will only complicate what he is already having trouble with.

Read the manual like already suggested and get a new part from Mazda. oh, and make sure that when you place a new oil filter on the car to wet the black ring around the top of the new filter with some clean oil. It will help create a good seal between the oil cooler and the filter.
Yeah, I did wet the black rubber seal for my new one but there wa sso much damage on the oil coolers flat seal surface area it just would not seal 100% no matter what..Kinda pisses me off but what do you expect for 700 bucks.

I was tryin gto find an oil filter relocator kit for the MX-3 but no luck yet.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

i wasnt saying it was the replacement oil cooler, just the adapter to mount the filter. its listed for sale under mx-3's so it should work, the only thing would be that you would have to buy a seperate cooler.
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Yeah, I called the Mazda dealership today and they want 150.00 for just the oil cooler alone..crappeh.
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

i have a spare of my 1.8 from when i did my swap if your interested you can e-mail me at slimmyslim1420@comcast.net. i would give you a better price than that anyway. i could also send pics and stuff. and all the info you need
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

If you want to do it via paypal, hook me up man. I don't really feel like paying for a part that is alsmot as much as a KLZE engine on ebay. Pissed me off when they said 150 I was like "What the f*** sh*t*?!?!" Heh

Yeah, let me know if you can do paypal, It's where I got all my spare dough sittin for ebay auctions like drilled rotors, dropzone springs, stuff liek that. Just purchased outlaw's phenolic spacers today. XD
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

what size oil filter does your engine require the cooler i have is off a 92 and after that year i believe they changed the filter size to fram part #7317 the one on mine is part #3593a if you get the part it wont matter if yours is the first one its still the same part just a little different around the rim, where the filter attatches, so you will just have to get the filter for the 92
but yea i can take paypal let me get your e-mail or you can e-mail me and we can set it up.
93_mx3_gs

Post by 93_mx3_gs »

Well, the STP oil filter # was S6607 from autozone, that's all I know. Also, it has a smooth area around the seal that wraps all the way up the side so one flat smooth piece with a rounded up edge.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”