How i Installed 6x9's in my car *pic's*

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

doesn't help? uhh....enclosures are what matters in audiophilia land.

Why not just remove the sub box? you don't need enclosures for the speaker to work right? It'll still hit the notes it was designed to hit........or maybe not

:shock:
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Legato626

speaker

Post by Legato626 »

Sub is different then speakers. Depending ont he style of box you make brings different sounds yes for subs but in my place i only use the speakers for sound. IF they should be inclosed then are your side do speakers inclosed, are your rear 6.5 inclosed.. no. I do not hear a differents with my speakers because in my other car i had speaker boxes for my 6x9's and the only thing i can tell is that i dont get that much bass out of my speakers but i dont need that for the fact i got a 15in 1200watt sub siting back there it wouldn't matter now would it. But i am going to make a new board back there for my 6x9's and i was going to inclose them just to give it more of a clean look to it and hide the wires more.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Dominicanchu_Nmbr1

Post by Dominicanchu_Nmbr1 »

i still can't believe what happened to that poor hatch. oh crap... i forgot about the pics i was supposed to post... they will come... soon... :twisted: I've got a nice cutout of the word MX-3 on the board, with green tinted plexi and black mesh that can be seen through the cutout. I promise to have the pics up soon. and yes, enclosures can make ANY speaker sound better, not just for bass! try different setups on small speakers or 6x9s and you'll see. do some serious hw too, cuz you'd be surprised as to the different effects you can get by mounting at different angles in different types of enclosures/setups.
-=[Irving A.]=-
MX-SLICK

Post by MX-SLICK »

It looks like he is just powering off the head unit. So all 4 of those speakers are running off the rear channels of the headunit? Ok, lets break it down. The average headunit will do about 10 watts of clean(ish) power per channel, break that down and you have 5 watts going to each of those rear speakers. Unless you put any type of power to those 6X9's enclosing them will NOT do anything that you will notice. And you are right, all an enclosure will do is extend the low frequencies, upper mids and highs will be the same in an enclosure (if not a lil more distorted because of the added bass)
94' MX3 GS atx
93 geo storm GSi
99' Ford ZX2 mtx
2001 honda CBR 600
2000 kawasaki kx 500 MX

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”