interior door handles

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Urbanconcept

Post by Urbanconcept »

Those handles are the perfect addition for a nice classy look.
Friendship is like pissing your pants: Everyone can see it, but only you can feel its true warmth.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

neutral wrote:Really nice price on the handles. Wonder if there is a dif between 2000 & 01 models? They look identical. Should look outrageous on your ride with the chrome cups. uhoh... must... have... chrome... cups... :confused2:
Apparently the cups span both period runs. The handles, - I went by Gro's post as to their perfect fitment for the 2002's. So that's why I went with the 01 + handles. Apparently there was a slight change to the mechanism's for the 01+ to correct or to give a more positive control for lever/rod movement. I always thought that the door handle mechanism was a little "vague", for lack of a better term. Maybe by doing this mod I'll actually have even better door openning mechanism response...wooohooo.
Perhaps if Wil, sees this he can comment if his handles gave him an overall better impression of the doors mechanism.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

saw some on ebay bit ago for like $50, not sure if its worth $50 just to upgrade your handles...
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

mitmaks wrote:saw some on ebay bit ago for like $50, not sure if its worth $50 just to upgrade your handles...
Oh your absolutely right Max. No performance value added here, just plain old vanity. I see so many painting the interior and spending big bucks on ICE and the like and that's just not me. OEM as much as possible and I guess by using Miata handles it might seem like cheating. Then I thought, the Miata came out with this door handle design which is obviously identical to ours only chrome, 7 years after ours did, so it's the other way around. For the most part, I'm trying to maintain everything in the interior MX3 or at least Mazda. I'll be trying to source an oem accessory shifter knob and e-brake handle from one of the other Mazda's also.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Appearance”