Fiber glass hood?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
hgallegos915

Re: Fiber glass hood?

Post by hgallegos915 »

Guys, i am so sorry that we werent able to get the quote today, uits really downpouring here in el paso. Tomorrow my dad goes whether it rains or shines..still im going to me a couple of calls to juarez mex to see what price they are going around for over there.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

OK. My interest is definitely peaked. I'm also interested in the Supra styed hood, but very interested in the sideskirts. Standing by for your research results. Shipping to Toronto area?? Cheers.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

indefinatly very expensive for shipping a hood. probably around 200cdn.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i want a supra style
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

there is no way any shop would do an entire hood in Fglass for 100 dollars. The materials alone would exceed that. You'd be lucky to pay less than 350 for one locally.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
marsinner

Post by marsinner »

I Agree, no shop would do that, the material alone is minimum 100, im making parts right now, and it's quite difficult to do it for that cheap. First they would have to create a mold on the original which would cost them about $150 if theyre good, then the fibreglass to make the plug, which would be at least $100. To make 1 or 2 hoods, i don't see them doing it.

The supra style is nice, however the problem arises inthe positioning of the holes. If you were to cut holes that big in your hood and sinmply place a mesh grill over it, u might as well not drive it during rain or snow, because the water would get into your engine and screw it up. That's why it's important to have the right positioning for your vents. Now if u faked it out and made it seem like there was a hole, when in fact there wasnt it would work.

anyways, im making a wicked hood, and im in canada, if anyone is interested in purchasing it when im done, ill think about it. But it's gonna be more than 100. :)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hr hr that where you are wrong my friends. Prices for fiber glass, resin and all that fun stuff in the border (mexico/us) is super cheap :) it not really rocket science..oh also u have to check if its legal in your state and I have no idea on shipping to canada since i have never shipped anything there and its almost half a globe away from me. Im in el paso texas bordering cd juarez chih. I see fiber glass hoods made all the time and yes i will ask about the supra style hood with the cuts in them done right. Like i said..if you have doubts, just wit to see mine and if u like u can ask. :) its still raining hard..hopefully i get a chance today to go to juarez.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh and about the sideskirts..yes they do cost 100 dlls and come in primer grey. They can also reproduce any kind and type of sideskirt for the mx3.
-hec

fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

what about an SS style hood? like on the newer comaro's.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

im sure it can be done..let me get the price quote first. as you can tell (since you are from el paso) its been raining like crap but tomorrow for sure we go to juarez.
-hec

atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Originally posted by hgallegos915:
that where you are wrong my friends. Prices for fiber glass, resin and all that fun stuff in the border (mexico/us) is super cheap :p
I live in texas also and have partied in mexico a couple of times. I agree with hgallegos..everything is SUPER cheap. You can drink down there for nothing. Take 10 dollars with you and buy a case of Coronas. A pack of cigarettes in austin is anywhere from 3.50-450. You can buy that same pack down in mexico for 1.30...heh
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok..i must say i am a bit dissapointed.. i got the price quote... for a stock looking fiber hood..it costs 2200 PEsos wich traduces to around 200 dlls each. They are very solid and resistant, the supra style holes can be made either by u or wel they can already come like that. Front spoiler that fits an mx3 costs 1300 to 2000 wich traduces to 100 to 165 dlls. All kinds of sideskirts. Rear spoiler costs 1300 pesos wich traduces to probably 110 dlls. Thats direct price not including shipping and not including a service charge that I would have toi charge for driving there and crossing them to the border. :/ dont know what you guys can think? I have their number which is country code (52) then 656 which uis the city code then 6197483 which is the shops number, they only speak spanish. I do have a picture of work they dod on a mazda 626 if anyones itnerested in seeing the type of work that they do email me. As foir the hood, i shall get one and show u guys how it looks. They make any kind and style of spoiler. Oh hoo dscoops are 100 dlls..not sure if they meant hood scoops or roof scoops..quite interesting that they call them "turbos"
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

doh correction on the number ...place is called "Angel fiber glass" person to ask for is Angel Arambula and phone is 52-656-644-8667
again 52 is the country code, 656 is the city code and the rest is the number. I asked and he will not ship, only makes them. The other number i gave is for a shop that does window tinting for 20 dlls and alarms for 70 ..ee imma go get that..but well...tinting cant be done over the net since we would need the car itself :p maybe if one of u lives near el paso tx. Anywho..thats the corrected number and they speak only spanish .
-hec

Return to “Appearance”