Blowoff turbo valve sound in non turvbo cars ?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
seneca

Re: Blowoff turbo valve sound in non turvbo cars ?

Post by seneca »

Lol...very funny!

Yeah there actually are whistles that you stick in your exaust. But that just gives the sound...and is very poser-ish. lol I've seen another abonmination along the same lines tho...a fake blow off valve! It's a speaker you stick under your hood to give off the sound. I forget how it's controlled but they actually make them. Sick....isn't it? lol But whatever floats your boat dood ;)
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Originally posted by Jokke:
i dont want to put a turbo on my car, and risk ****ing the engine
Turbos arent actually that dangerous on your engine, you just have to do it right. Just think of jarid, I'm pretty sure he is running 15 pounds of boost on the stock internals of his 4 cyl.
The thing I see alot with people is they put a turbo on their car and it runs perfect. Then they get greedy and try and up the boost.. and low and behold BOOM!
Turning up the boost on stock ignition, crappy wires and bad plugs. The car just isnt ready for it.
I am running 11 pounds of boost on my car and that is where it is going to stay until everything else is the best it can be. I get people telling me to up the boost all the time, but have to ignore them because you will just end up breaking something.

You should get a turbo though man. I know it seems really really complicated reading about it and looking at pictures but when you actually have one and hooked it up. It is really straight foward. I helped put one on a tiburon and then I put the bpt in my car. Its not hard to do, and you can definately run 5 pounds of boost safely.

Vanshed is right about the fake one, that would be the same as having fake hood scoops and hub caps on the car. With an expanded exhaust tip that attaches to your original muffler and emergency glow sticks taped to the bottom of the car, banging your foot on the floor with the music so people will think you have subs. :dunno: Embrace your N/A engine, put an exhaust on it, and if you want a turbo get one. They are safe when they are done right.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

that pretty well said all they everyone wanted to say, including of course, don't get a fake BOV
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “Appearance”