the bottom line

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: the bottom line

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by MX3ze@7psi:
Hey I got the same curved neck ZE like the picture above but mine has kl31 1a1 and kl31 101 heads with kl-01 camshafts. I thought this was the ZE version not the regular millenia engine with kl 101 and 1a1 heads :confused2:
It's been posted several times that the newer JDM KLZE engines from Millenias, with 9.2:1 CR and 187hp, have KL101 and KL1A1 on the heads, including a post from Bastian who got the engine straight from Japan (for sure - he imported it personally).

CR is not determined solely by the heads, but also by the crank throw and the pistons.

You have the older KLZE with the higher CR.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: the bottom line

Post by IanL »

Originally posted by MX3ze@7psi:
Hey I got the same curved neck ZE like the picture above but mine has kl31 1a1 and kl31 101 heads with kl-01 camshafts. I thought this was the ZE version not the regular millenia engine with kl 101 and 1a1 heads :confused2:
It's been posted several times that the newer JDM KLZE engines from Millenias, with 9.2:1 CR and 187hp, have KL101 and KL1A1 on the heads, including a post from Bastian who got the engine straight from Japan (for sure - he imported it personally).

CR is not determined solely by the heads, but also by the crank throw and the pistons.

You have the older KLZE with the higher CR. As the supply of older engines dries up, more and more people are going to be getting the 187hp models.

<small>[ August 22, 2004, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: IanL ]</small>
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”