MrMazda92's '92 GS - New daily

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" - Update, MegaSquirt coming s

Post by Thefez »

MrMazda92 wrote:Definitely true about the G4 being superior to the DE, but I don't have a G4 currently(still debating G4 and straight-neck for my KL build, I have a halfway polished straight-neck already)

I'm very apprehensive about porting the heads in the car, at that rate I'd happily give up the potential gains offered by the intake manifold swap, entertaining as the idea is to me! If the engine were pulled now... That would be tempting indeed, but if I'm pulling it, I'm swapping it.

Interesting note, ProbeTalk members *claim* to have found oval-ported Millenia manifolds over the years, but I've NEVER seen actual evidence of it.
I belive mine is that i just pulled and started tearing apart. I can take pics when i get home from vaycay
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'd be interested to see that, please do!! I've been curious about it.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on August 15th, 2012, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Life has a way of surprising you... :lol:

Last week, I was dead set on spending a bunch of money on MX-3 parts this year!
I had a bombshell drop in my life that was completely unexpected, and will definitely be taking precedent over car parts for the next, oh 19 years?

My girlfriend and I are expecting a little baby boy on April 2nd of next year!

Kinda scary, but at the same time I'm pretty excited.
kulluminati777

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" - Update, baby on the way.

Post by kulluminati777 »

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just recently became a father as well on april 1st of this year!

dont let no one tell you that u have no room and u have to sell your car because we do it just fine. We have to take the trunk cover out to fit the stroller and luckly my wife doesnt sit that far back so i always drive when its the 3 of us and we have plenty of room. I am so glad i didnt have to get a 4 door (i hate em) when i leave the military in november i plan on getting a RX-8 as a family car :lol: :lol:

sorry for the rant congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" - Update, baby on the way.

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thank you man, it's good to have some encouragement!

I definitely won't be getting rid of the MX-3, although I may be forced to sell my second one...(I leave for basic either October or Jan/Feb of next year myself).

I hate 4 doors as well, and the RX-8s suicide doors make for a great compromise! I just want a GM LS swapped RX-8, is all :lol:

Maybe someday?

Thanks again!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy"

Post by MrMazda92 »

Updates on life:

Basic is about 99% solid for October, unless I am held up again. I need to retake my ASVAB, as my previous score was uploaded to their databases under somebody else's social security number... :evil: Still, I flew through it last time without studying, and I'm planning on studying this go-around. Pulled a 92 w/ 136 GT prior to studying, so I'm hoping to improve upon that score.

As the move is coming up fairly soon, I'm thinking pretty hard about clearing out a bunch of parts that I had fully intended to use down the road... :( The main bulk of my "stash" will be let go, and I'll be hanging onto the items that are hardest to replace.

For Sale:

A bunch of KL Parts, 10:1 pistons(1 matching set w/ rods, and one partial set), 2 sets of Cylinder heads(One set Sq port, One set Oval Port), KL01 Cams(full set), DE Intake Manifold, DE short block(disassembled, but complete), One KL02 VAF, One JE50 VAF, and I'll add more when I uncover it.

These are gauging interest, for the right price I'll consider letting them go:
CS MazdaSpeed bumper
CS MazdaSpeed sideskirts
One of my 2 Fidanza Flywheels
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 1st, 2012, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kulluminati777

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" - Gauging interest on some it

Post by kulluminati777 »

did you say fidanza??? im interested into one of those if u let em go
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

The one I'm considering letting go has ~2k Miles on it since the original purchase. A new friction surface wouldn't be a bad idea, but honestly I wasn't planning on replacing it. :shrug:

If I fail to sell other items, I'll let you know man... I'd prefer to hang onto it for my build, since I'd need to replace it later otherwise. I was hesitant to even mention it, since it's one of the things I really would like to avoid parting with. :(
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 1st, 2012, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Today's haul from the Junkyard:
MINT Black on Black Protege Steering-Wheel - $20
Leather Stitched MX-6 Shift knob - $0
Floormat holder - $0
In addition to a handful of interior pop-tabs and screws.

It's been a while since I pulled anything special from a Junkyard, not bad for a 30 minute trip!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I love the new wheel, it's the only OEM I've felt that I prefer over our stock wheel. Mine was finally starting to twist at the 12 o'clock position anyways, so it was luck that I happened on a near mint Protege in the junkyard. :D

Also in this pic: my PaceSetter STS, EDM Vents, FowlJesse drilled shift knob, and a clear view of just how little gas I have right now.

BTW, that little green/yellow thing is a high capacity solar battery(even bright lights recharge it), and will fully charge my phone in about an hour. Two charges before I need to leave it on the seat. :freak:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

It looks like I'll be doing more than enjoying my new steering wheel this coming week :wink:

wagZE

Re: MrMazda92's '92 GS "Tracy" - Protege Wheel and MegaSquir

Post by wagZE »

MrMazda92 wrote:It looks like I'll be doing more than enjoying my new steering wheel this coming week :wink:

Ok now that I see it I gotta say where & how much??? I've been wanting to but man I hear its $400+
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Thanks guys ;) Yeah, the total was pretty high for that... I've never been comfortable risking building my own, and cut/splice isn't my style... I like to keep things reversible whenever possible.

I'll mess with tuning next week... Making a trip up to Washington on Tuesday.
Last edited by MrMazda92 on September 14th, 2012, 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm thoroughly enjoying the Protege steering wheel... It honestly almost feels like a different car entirely.
Driving around town today got me thinking about other interior pieces that would change the look/feel of the car, and I've taken a sudden interest in various seat options.

The main issue I foresee is the cramped space available... A seat with a wider shoulder area for example, would not be able to lay down as far as the stock seats.

I've seen MazdaSpeed seats, Sparco seats, RX-8 Seats, MX-6 Seats, and obviously the newer/older style seat swaps(done them myself), but I'm curious if anybody has gone truly outside the box with this. I'm looking for a more modern feel/style, without sacrificing comfort, headroom, or the ability to lay the seat down fully.

Blow my mind? I've always put most of my thoughts and plans toward going faster, handling better, and never really towards comfort or aesthetics... I'm starting to understand why people typically start their projects with this. It's simple, straight-forward, and the reward is immediate!

I'd like to stick to a budget of no more than $500 for front seats, if at all possible... If you've got a suggestion that you think I'll like, PLEASE either post it here or PM me!

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”