Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Re: Offical Spyder MX3 Halo Projector headlight (Black / Chrome)

Post by MX-3.com »

I personally am skeptical, and have concerns about this as I mentioned in my post here:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 04#p493104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In any case, has anyone tried to contact either of the sites directly, by calling the numbers listd on the websites and asking about these Projectors for the MX-3?

I need solid proof before allowing this Group Buy on the site. Just a warning to those interested, before they send their money off.

Jeff
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Who knows this guy? Are these home made? http://www.cardomain.com/ride/269675/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

He did the old "Mod a set of headlights, and glue on the GTS shield, as the cover.".
It works pretty well, but IMO, not as easy, or good looking as the Civic projector mod.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

MX-3.com wrote:I personally am skeptical, and have concerns about this as I mentioned in my post here:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 04#p493104" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In any case, has anyone tried to contact either of the sites directly, by calling the numbers listd on the websites and asking about these Projectors for the MX-3?

I need solid proof before allowing this Group Buy on the site. Just a warning to those interested, before they send their money off.

Jeff
They should send someone we trust a set, and have them report to us.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Have them send them COD. We open them one at a time and contact each other and if the first few are good evryone else goes to the Post Office and gets theirs. Lets say five people to start with. Once they prove themselves we can just do a PayPal mail deal for the rest. Why is it you just can't trust people? (retorical)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

You have no idea how tempted I am to get those lights off ebay right now.... theres one problem... I would have to go through my g/f's paypal.... And she won't have anypart of more car parts! :crying:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

fowljesse wrote:
They should send someone we trust a set, and have them report to us.
I was thinking the same thing. If this guy wants to sell them on here, or if anyone wants to sell stuff as a group buy, ship a set to Barry "on the house" and let him report back to us on it. Quality, fitment, and the like. I'm down for a set, but I'm not going to spend my money if I don't know anything about them.

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

The funniest thing is that on the ebay site the pic of the projectors on the car is totally photoshoped, or it looks that way. If you go back to look at the pics of fitment it was with the chrome ones, and it isn't the same car.... So either it is a scam or someone already has a set and aren't on MX-3.com!
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

BuGS wrote:The funniest thing is that on the ebay site the pic of the projectors on the car is totally photoshoped, or it looks that way. If you go back to look at the pics of fitment it was with the chrome ones, and it isn't the same car.... So either it is a scam or someone already has a set and aren't on MX-3.com!
Look familiar?
Found that randomly cruising on cardomain.
ZoGeN

Post by ZoGeN »

andrewlcraft wrote:
BuGS wrote:The funniest thing is that on the ebay site the pic of the projectors on the car is totally photoshoped, or it looks that way. If you go back to look at the pics of fitment it was with the chrome ones, and it isn't the same car.... So either it is a scam or someone already has a set and aren't on MX-3.com!
Look familiar?
Found that randomly cruising on cardomain.

Yes i saw this to but why shuld they scam us all ?
colinsmx3

Post by colinsmx3 »

THE LIGHTS ARE NOT A SCAM...atleast from the ebay seller, I called the 866-512-7458 number and thats not a scam they have the lights but used the pic to show the lights on a car that is photochopped. Seems like they were mass produced and handed out to different companys! Now the question is WHO is going to be the lowest priced company when they all stick them on ebay!

I did have the same problem years back of a company using my car that had a custom grill photochopped on it.. they had to take that pic down cause I never gave them permission.

If you look at the location of the place on ebay it's also from California.

Either way if you get them from this company on ebay you will get your lights, if it is a huge scam you can atleast get ure money from ebay or paypal.

I am talking with the g/f now to see if I can get them... ahahha :love2:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
jrors
Supporting Member

Post by jrors »

Well, I looked at the Ebay page as listed here.... and my conclusion on that is this: Perhaps the company selling the headlamps on Ebay is a 3rd party, and that might be the reason for the mark up on price, versus how much they have been offered to us, on our website here.
It is either that, or there really is something odd ball going on. Either way, I truly believe that these headlamps are real... but who is real, who is fake... and are we just getting these here on our site because of a potential group buy?

And also, I must point out, that so far if I had to make a choice on where to get these lights at the moment... I hate to say it, but it would have to be that website listed on Ebay. Yes, the price is a degree higher, but the comapny has sold to 57,589 customers of different products, at the moment of this reply I am writing, and has a 97.7% positive ranking. So unless something changes, to me, these Ebay guys might be the sure shot. I could be wrong...but I could also be very right... seems like good common sense untill the company trying to represent on our site gives us more faith into what is going on with the Ebay company... and as we all know, if that comapny on Ebay is selling them there... other companies in time will as well...
If you fall, then get back up........Luck favors the prepared
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Contact the Ebay seller and let him know we have XX confirmed buyers who will order if the price is a little more reasonable. We could link him to this site. Maybe we could set up a group buy that way. I'll be honest, I've never done or been involved in a GB before.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mr_Shorty

Post by Mr_Shorty »

Doesn't anyone find it a little wierd that the guy starting this group buy hasn't even contacted Jeff AT ALL??? If I wanted to peddle my wares on this site, I'd have done that long before everyone got so up in arms about his credibility. Just my 2

Tyler
Elected Dictator

1991 Eunos Presso AWD build starting winter '10
Ruby Mica

1992 Eunos Presso special build starting ???
Ruby Mica

1992 Familia GTR AWD donor car
Black
taylor_matt

Post by taylor_matt »

Also, where is this guy who started the potential gb? Hasn't replied to any of this in a while.
If i was him I'd be a little worried with all of these responses.
I too would buy from ebay over this guy but the price is way too high.
Hope something gets cleared up... :?
petiec

Post by petiec »

Starting to get a little worried about this group buy thing?No one has heard from this guy yet,Maybe buying it of the E-bay is the safe way to go for now?Just wish the price would be a little lower,would cost me close to i think $500.00 with shipping to Canada. :(

Return to “Appearance”