SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Nope, Sadly... It's not running yet.
This swap has taken me way longer then most people on here. Trust me, Solo has reminded of that before. haha j/k
But yes, It has taken me along time, yet I've been only working on it like 1 day out of the week, and only like an hour or two each time. I don't really like to full with things unless I have someone like my brother inlaw there, that really knows exactly what he's doing. I got this little problem of being scared to mess with something, cause I might do something wrong or mess something up. Anyways, I have figured everything out and have had everything put together, except for my axles. I ended up finding out when I went to put my exhaust on that the rear exhaust manifold was wrong. i accidently left the MX-6 manifold on there instead of switching it out like I did the front. So, I had to take off the manifold, and I figured while I have it off, why not paint a few things. Everything is back and ready to go ... again, except for one thing. Only one thing is holding me up and that's axles. I am having trouble coming up with a small $130 bucks for left and right cv axles. I'm a full time Poker player, so... you kinda get how that goes. lol
Anyways, once I can get a few things sold, I'll be getting the axles and starting her up for the first time, for me atleast.
You have no clue how excited I am about this swap. I remember when Hec and Jordan kept telling me all the time to just do it. Just go ahead and get a ZE. I finally done it and all my (car) dreams are coming true. After the first initial start up... be prepared for many of video's coming from me. I plan to make a pretty big video, not just based on my car but there will be an actual plot behind it.
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I was just informed by a mx-6 guy that these are RR Poly Inserts. Should I sell these or use em. I think I may sell these since I'm needing the money right now, and just fill mine later down the road.
I have the front and rear inserts.

93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

You should send them to me so I can model them.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

do you have a pic of the rear one? I believe I have these exact same inserts (brand new) and I never knew where they went haha... d'oh in the motor mounts
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I dont have a pic of the rear, but I can take a picture. I don't think the rear's work on our car. Atleast thats what I got from Jordan.
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS ( UPDATE )

Post by SmoothMX3 »

UPDATE!

It's finally running...

It won't stank crunk. I have to keep pressing the gas pedal for it to stay running.
It sounds like crap because I'm guessing I didn't tighten the exhaust bolts as good as I thought.
Sounds like a huge exhaust leak.

Any help?
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Check airflow - sounds like yo have a leak somewhere if it won't stay running.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!... Its running now without pressing the gas. nice clean idle. I wonder if I should put that ecu in? - I'll see how it runs with the kl02 vaf with whatever k8 ecu I have. jordan told me to use the kl02 ecu, but im just going to see how this runs first.. in about 30 mins.. im going to take it out for the first time.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Make sure if you're using a new clutch to not hammer on it! It will be tempting!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Oh crap... I forgot! - I can't drive it. I have to have pressure on the clutch pedal. How do I go about doing that?!
I'm really really excited right now. I would post up a video, but I can't find my cord to upload it. The car is idling pretty nice, but when I rev it, it misses. Could this be because of the ECU?
Atleast I've got it running now, right guys?
Alot of you out there that's doing this swap within a few days... I give you major props. This swap wasn't hard at all, but if you arent familiar with everything on the car, then it can be a pain. I've taken off the manifold, about 3 or 4 different times. I put on the wrong exhaust manifold, and had to put the right one on. I've put on the wrong half shaft and had to take it off and put the right one on. Threw out this swap, I get a better understanding of my own car now.
I appreciate all of you guys help!
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Check timing, plug gaps, etc if its missing @ higher revs.

What do you mean about pressure at clutch pedal? Have you bled the system? I needed to completely readjust my pedal w/ the new clutch...it was WAY off. Check that too!
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I'll get my brother inlaw to check the timing later. I'll check the plug gaps. What's the gap suppose to be?
I havent bled the clutch yet. How do I do that?

btw... It's missing, like right press the gas down.
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

Bleeding clutch is easy! Just like you do brakes...have someone in the car pump clutch a few times and hold it, then while they're holding the clutch unscrew the bleeder nut on the slave cylinder. Wait til aid/fluid leaks then tighten back up and repeat process, making sure clutch pedal is down when you open the bleeder until it is closed. Make sure brake fluid level is topped off during this and doesn't get too low.

Search will tell you gaps, I can't remember off the top of my head something like .042 or something?

If its missing so easily its most likely plugs (did you put new ones in? Theyre cheap! NGK vpowers!)

Always check the easy things first! My car didn't miss w/ the k8 ecu before it was unchipped.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Spark plug gap should be around .042

Did u time it? That's why its missing. Throw it in diagnostic mode, the loosen the disty. Start the car and move the disty till it don't misfire around 3k rpms. That should time it right.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

How do I put it in diagnostic mode again, jordan?
It's like extremly loud right now bro. I'm gonna try to tighten the exhaust.
I'll bleed it and tighten the exhaust, then try to get it in time... maybe that will do it then.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”