Check Engine Light, Floor it... Gone.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx3Kid16

Re: Check Engine Light, Floor it... Gone.

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

mzdamx3rsdohc wrote:how can you come on here claiming you have knowledge about cars, and want to use a gameboy like thing to scan a obd1 car? if you dont know what a scan tools called even if you had one and a obd2 car you'd be more than lost and have no clue to how to scan for codes or see the % each cylinders firing at.

you should check your codes anyway as i had a o2 inversion problem and egr that never tripped a light. so you may have more issues and probably do, its free why wouldt you do it anyways just to make sure 100% everythings functioning properly, as your o2, or iat could be gone causing it to run extremely rich fouling your plugs. so your problem may continue, and hopefully it does.

ppl are just trying to help.

and why make a judgement on any of them cause they didnt think about your plugs, but a deeper problem. seeing anyone WHO KNOWS ANYTHING about cars would have changed the plugs cap rotor and wires anyways. this is routine maintenance and unless you do your going to have further issues. if your plugs were that fouled then either your a idiot for not even changing them or at least checking them when you got the car. and if they were that bad then you def. need at least a cap and rotor, maybe even wires. just because wires look good doesnt mean they are as the resistance increases over time with them expaning and contracting due to heat.

i think i went to far there as im now talking about ohmns and thats way past vocabulary level judging by ur previous posts.

insulting canadians why? like grow up bud. if i were you id give your head a shake

you do bodywork who gives a f---, so does everyone its not difficult nor hard to do. and i doubt you do it properly and id bet 1000$ i could see waves all over the body from high and low spots on even a white car you do bodywork too! bondoing isnt bodywork its a small portion of it and i doubt you know how to weld, let alone weld so you dont overheat the metal and warp it.

people tried to help you but the problem was your lack of knowledge, and MAINTENANCE, not their suggestions

just start over and forget about it, move on
check your codes make sure there isnt a bigger problem like there more than likely is, which is causing your plugs to fail. you put a paper clip between you ten and gnd, turn your ignition to on(not acc or start) the CEL will flash. slow long flashes are your first digit and quick short flashes are your second eg. short short quick quick quick quick- that would be a code 24. tell us well search cause not many ppl will probably help now for what that code is.

if your plugs were fouled to that extent then you WILL NEED or should do a cap and rotor before it stops producing spark and leaves you stranded. on your distributor there 2 small screws, unscrew them and pull the cap off leave the spark plug wires attached. you'll see a plastic rotor that has 3 metal like prong sort of looking things on it, pull that off push the new one on. voilla the rotors done. now take the new cap and move the wires from the old one one by one onto the same nipples.(if you mix these up it will run like s--- or not at all) screw the cap back on and your good for another year. i do mine every spring. all that costs 20$ and will save you a tow truck bill from being stranded.

and remember the reason no one diagnosed it is because you didnt do routine maintenance that should of been done. and if you have a problem causing you to run rich then the same things going to happen again.

also what did the plugs look like when you pulled them out black as s--- im guessing. if so then you do have a deeper problem. if they were white as f-ck then you still have a deeper problem, and if they were burning good well they wouldnt have fouled. hopefully you looked at the plugs like any knowledgable car guy. as you should be doing this regularly neways.

some maintenace you've probably forgot or don't know:
oil change(hopefully you remembered) even if your a broke a-- do them regularly and at 3000-5000kms not more as this will prevent many things. you start waiting till 10000 or even 8000 regularly it will create problems

plugs wires, cap and rotor- routine but must be done. these will kill performance i bet ud say holy fu-k that cap and rotor made a big difference, in throttle response, gas mileage and acceleration

air filter and fuel filter- change the air filter regularly as the more dust and dirt that gets in there the more damage your going to do especially to your rings.

gear oil- your tranny probably still has the original or old gear oil as i doubt you've changed it. old or low gear oil will cause the tranny to overheat and blow, and these arent the strongest trannies to begin with. AT LEAST MAKE SURE ITS TOPPED UP.

don't peel around corners and definatly dont drop the clutch to do a burnout around corners-i went thru 2 trannies in 3 years doing stupid s--- like this in highschool, and now that ill only drop the clutch or peel on a straight its lasted 5 years and counting. not to mention you will devour drive shafts.check your driveshaft boots for cracks or tears.

test your coolant- you'll do this in auto class to. make sure its good for the summer and not all coolant or 80/20 or something

none of this is expensive and it will give you much needed experience with cars. not to mention prevent you from having problems. waiting for something to break before replacing it is the wrong attitude with cars. if you dont want to do routine maintenance buy a mountain bike and keep the insurance money to yourself.

since your young and will more than likely get a system down the road. swap in a gs alternator 90amp vs. the rs 60 amp. that way your lights, etc. wont dim everytime your systems on. when i had my rs alternator at a stoplight or anytime at idle the revs would drop evertime the bass hit.

good luck with the car treat it good and it will do the same

there actually ISNT waves and high and low spots all over the place. theres a few dry spots and i missed a few dents but it looks way better than it did when i started and it was my first car. have you even looked at it?

my car has lasted a year now its my 2nd girlfriend i treat it great.
CF Hood, Kenwood everything, 2.25 catback exhaust, H&R Springs, F&B Strut bars

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good afternoon from the biggest Douch around;D
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

And my head I'd be scratchin' while
my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

yeah

My worklog: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=68856" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

:P That was directed at you. girlfriend and car you might have... but you're missing something!

I thought it was clever. Anyone know from where that line is from?

You can find out if you search, or do I need to search for you :P
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

sounds like wizard of oz but i dont really care about your bulls--- remarks;D dont have anything positive or helpful to say screwoff buddy

Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

bamm
Last edited by Mx3Kid16 on July 30th, 2009, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

Omg you can see my face in the reflection of my car hahahahah AND ITS NOT WAVY AHAHAHAHAH

Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

S my D ;D

chrome730

Post by chrome730 »

WOW dude
It only takes a single voice to start a revolution
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

yeah you get called retarded and come up with a good idea to smash somebody in the face with. leave this thread alone.

beefmobile
antispam: No

Post by beefmobile »

You're my Hero Mx3Kid!!!!!

nah, not really :lol:
Cars:

2006 Mustang GT-- 12.5 @ 112 mph; NSR Stage II Cams, CMCV Delete Plates, GT500 Throttle Body, U/D pullies, JLT Intake, MAC Headers, O/R X Pipe, Borla Stingers, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, FRPP Springs, Steeda Strut Tower Brace, Power Steering Delete, Brembo Brakes, Chrome Grille, Cervinis Chin Spoiler, GT500 18" Wheels, Blacked Out Lights, and much much more.

2006 Mercury Mariner V6-DD
2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8 SE-Wife
1993 Mazda MX-3-BEATER!

United States Marine Corps
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Never has so much win and fail gathered in one thread.

Let us celebrate this occasion...

... OK I'm done celebrating.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Mx3Kid16

Post by Mx3Kid16 »

beefmobile wrote:You're my Hero Mx3Kid!!!!!

nah, not really :lol:
You fail at life;D hahaha

wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Everyone who’s in a position to tell someone ELSE that they fail at life please raise your hand...

ah ah aah MX3Kid....not so fast little guy.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
93vtecklr

Post by 93vtecklr »

Mx3kid, the car looks good, I said that before. However, even though this is the interweb, don't bite the hand dude... I doubt you did all the bodywork, I doubt you sprayed it. Who the hell are you to say that someone fails at life when you yourself haven't even lived one? In a board filled with testosterone tempers can flare and frankly some people don't give a hoot. Be respectful. Prom was recent, right? When is it a good time for someone to stop saying S my D? Quite frankly it's immature, infantile, and idiotic. I'm pretty sure ms. new booty in your pics wouldn't like to hear you sayin that stuff. I'm sure you've already been warned for things you've said here. How many threads do you need to be part of that get locked, cleared, deleted etc before you get the hint. I have a feeling that at some point in the near future your posts are going to have a "BANNED MEMBER" avatar.

By the way, you're getting a great head start at failing at life. I have a beautiful wife, and an SE.
1993 Blaze Red SE, 17" blackie's, b+m sts, 45 deg 3" exh pipe/intake tube, K8ZE, aftmkt probe headers, magnaflow hi-cat, all 2.5" piping, magnaflow muffler.
1976 Datsun 620 p/u, full airride, Firestone 2600`s, 16ga fuel cell, Optima yellow top, AZ compressor, custom tubular frame with 9in step notch, 18" 100 spokes
1955 Willys Overland 4x4 P/U, '78 LT1 350 cu.in, fully restored.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”