Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple..I mean Black.. Beast

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
wytbishop

Re: Wytbishop - 93' GS SE ZE - The Purple Beast

Post by wytbishop »

my exhaust is not stock. Not as easy to push around as yours was.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
MX3-4U2NV
antispam: No

Post by MX3-4U2NV »

Understood, but before I realized I could push it to the side, I did attempt to use a 3/8 socket, with a swivel bit, and it worked too. Resulting in not having to lower the exhaust.

I got fed up with the swivel bit being too swively, so that's when I figured to push it aside.

Hope that helps.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

i think I'll just wait till the spring and take the whole thing apart when it's warmer.

Hopefully I'll have a front brake upgrade sorted out by then.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

i FINALLY had time to read your entire worklog. LOL.... you call your SE "purple" like i do.
I had so many here "correct" me in PM, Email and on the forum i just finally gave in.
I now say SE or Raspberry. I still say purple when NOT in text. Are you keeping the color?
I wasnt at first, then i changed my mind. I was going to paint it Mejestic Purple.
Then i WAS going to keep it raspberry. BUT.... i have AGAIN changed my mind to either
(mustang black) or (Dodge Gold) with purple and black interior and gold accents.
I admit i had no idea it was an SE or anything special above being a GS & fully loaded.
I just knew i loved the car and others like it. So, i want it to look good... but......
I want it to look how i like. That is why i have zebra interior in the white 92.
I had fun making that car look like it does. So much fun, that i sold my 4 banger (today) and
plan to sell the white GS and get me another fixer upper to have fun with. (SE 4sale in Starkville)
Who knows... i may end up doing an engine and trans swap like you guys do.
I like to learn all this car stuff but i like being hands on with it all.
I don't want to just drop it off and have a bunch of different people working on my cars.
For one: most do a half a$$ job anyway and for two: its never how you wanted it.
If im paying for it, then it is done by me and designed by me. I may not have all the skills to
to do every aspect of fixing my cars (like AC, transmissions and struts/springs) but im
sure going to try to learn all the other stuff i can. I'll give it my best shot.
Anyway, i love your SE (cuz it looks like mine did when i got it) pre-deer in the head lights and hog night. (dont ask)
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well I'm flattered that you would invest all that time in my worklog. It feels so unfinished but when I look back I suppose I have done quite a bit of work. I understand you wanting to personalize your car, but it hurts me a little that a nice example of a Raspberry SE is going to die in the process. It's your car though, so I will refrain from calling you things like "2 bit glam hack", or "souless car killer"...that would be mean.

I will be doing the body work hopefully soon...but of course there are other priorities that come first. Trying to buy a house this year and lets just say that the average cost of a house in Edmonton is in the $450k range these days. So if I want to stay happily married, and I really do, I will not be spending a big chunk of dough on the car any time really soon.

I'm planning, once I am in said new home, to completely dismantle the car, perform a complete body restoration and reassemble with the JDM front. I will be keeping the color as I really love it. The interior needs a good freshening up, but that's just cleaning. I would also like to install megasquirt so that I can begin to prepare for the turbo I have always wanted. There's a few other things it needs or wants, but once the body is done I don't really need to do much.

I just want it to look nice and minty and stock, and be good and fast. Is that too much to ask?
My Worklog
My feedback thread
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

wytbishop wrote:I just want it to look nice and minty and stock, and be good and fast. Is that too much to ask?
Hmm that's what I want too, but so far it's been a fail for me lol (on the fast side of things).
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Well it's pretty fast as it is. I want it just a little faster. I would like to boost about 7psi and get it tuned real nice. If I can put 225hp on the ground I will be very happy. For me it's the minty part. Big $$$ to really do a nice job on the body.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Dude I finally got around to reading this. I love the enthusiasm you have towards making sure everything is proper and towards the rare expensive parts :P
Can't wait to see what you've got planned for the front brakes.
What's happening with the tranny? Also is it hard to swap in the taller 5th gear?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Hey thanks. I do try to do things the right way. I really hate it when stuff looks halfassed. I'm not sure what will happen with the front brakes. Brakes is the only part of the car I can really stand to have a bit of flash so I would like to get a good looking setup in there...just not sure how I'm going to do it yet.

I would like to go with an MX-6 tranny and LSD, but who knows when that will happen. The 5th gear swap is quite easy. It can even be done with the tranny in the car. There's a write up in here somewhere...I think it was se7en who did it...I could be wrong.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Evo_Spec

Post by Evo_Spec »

is this what you were refering to?

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=65457" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

That is exactly the one I was thinking of. that is an F series tranny, but the procedure is exactly the same as a G. Just make sure you reinstall the parts exactly as you removed them. Easy.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

If you want to put a turbo on and push 7psi through a KLZE, you will get a bit more than 225whp :)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

well I don't wan tto overestimate and come up short of my goal and be all disappointed. The point really is that I want it to be totally reliable and not eat up trannies and stuff. I've been driving the ZE for almost a year and it's nearly perfect. I have decided that 300hp would be too much and I don't need it. 225-250hp through a MX-6 tranny with LSD would be just perfect.
My Worklog
My feedback thread
onlytrueromeo

Post by onlytrueromeo »

^I very much agree with that, when I finally go the turbo route, I want it to be a DD not a strip car. The other day I was thinking I could actually use a smaller turbo and possibly improve the gas mileage. I'd like to hit 33+ daily.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My agent in Ireland has come through in a big way. J-spec bumper support is on the way. I also found that I can have raspberry metalic put into arisol cans for $20ea. So with primer and adhesion promoter I should be able to do both bumpers and the euro sides for about $120.

I am very excited.
My Worklog
My feedback thread

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”