SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Here are a few things I have questions about. I wouldn't bother you guys, but I can't seem to get up with Solo.

See those two connectors in the middle of the picture? - The nipple on one of them are broke. On the ZE, the same nipple is broke. Does anyone have extra of those?!

Will this rail off the K8 fit the ZE with the curved neck?!

I forgot... Which hose goes to these 2 metal rail pipe things? - There is a long hose and a short hose...

See this vacumme line right there? - What hose goes to it?! lol (not the gold looking one at the top, the one right there at the bottom. the one sticking out)

My lil brother took this off. I don't remember where it went to, and now that he's not helping me... I have no idea where it goes. Can you tell me where this goes to?!

Thanks guys...
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

SmoothMX3 wrote:Here are a few things I have questions about. I wouldn't bother you guys, but I can't seem to get up with Solo.
Haha that sounds wrong dude.

All those lines and electrical crappers are EGR related. I say take out the EGR system.. Unless you have some kind of aircare there..

Those are fuel rails from the straight neck. Like I told you before, swap over the short rail ends from the k8 man.

That line can be taken off. You can hook your PCV line up to that like I have setup on my motor.

Call me if your stuck
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

If you have a 93 MX-3 and you get a 91-93 KL-ZE everything will be the same, if you have a 94 MX-3 and you get a 94- and up KL-ZE everything will be the same. If you have a 93 MX-3 and you get a 94 and up KL-ZE then you will have to swap your sensors(crank, knock, coolant,) and tap a hole into the coolant pipe for the 1 sensor.
Does this ^^^ apply to me?!

I have a 93 ... My ZE is a ZE straight neck.

I have a few plug connectors where I don't know where they go! - HELP!!
If you might can help tonight.. or , right now.
1-334-797-3126
Thanks
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
SmoothMX3

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS (UPDATE)

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Solo ... This is the black connector plug I was telling you about.

Welp guys... I have a big update. Major progress has arrived tonight on my swap.
Guess what? ... Enjoy! :)

This is my brother inlaw. He's come to save the day!

She's in the air!

Stickin it in! - Hmmm...

Almost done guys. Just alittle more and it's done. Man, I'm excited!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Looking good in there! I am not sure what the plug is though. I will check around. It looks to be part of the car body though, not the motor
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Which half shaft do I use? - The one from the K8 or the ZE/MX-6?!
Today, I'm going and buying my axles, a hose, and all my fluid's.
I also have to install my H&R's and get my tires put on my rims, then it's done.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Use the MX-3 halfshaft. Not sure if the mx6 one is the same length but it takes about 5 minutes.

That black plug.. I was looking ay my bay the other day and it seems to be like a AC plug or something by the charcoal canister
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Ohhhh... Rightt...
Now I remember. I took all that stuff out, so I'm good then.
I forgot which half shaft is the mx-3 one. They are both right by each other, out in the garage.
Hopefully I put the right one in, huh?
Does anyone have a measurment on the half shaft?!
I had a bad dream last night. I dreamed someone stole the motor out of my bay. I woke up frantic and had to go look outside in my garage just in case. I probally won't be able to work on the car today, tomorrow or wednesday. It might be thursday before I get it done. It will be soon though.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I accidently deleted the list of fluid's that Solo told me to buy.
Can anyone make a quick list for me, please?

Which Oil to buy? - How much?
Which Tranny fluid to buy? - How much?
Which Anti-Freeze to buy? - How much?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

SmoothMX3 wrote: Which Oil to buy? - How much?
Because its been sitting awail, get some regular castrol oil. 5w30 is fine. You need about 5L (5 quarts) to be safe. Also get a good filter (Wick, Kralinator)
SmoothMX3 wrote:Which Tranny fluid to buy? - How much?
I am using Amsoil Severe Gear 75w90 and LOVE it. You can also get some redline or GM syncromesh. You need 4 quarts to get the job done completely.
SmoothMX3 wrote:Which Anti-Freeze to buy? - How much?
Get 2 bottles of YELLOW prestone pre-mix if you have the cash haha. If not, one bottle of the regular straight mix prestone will work and a bottle of de-iodized water. Mix 50/50 or 60/40 and then give'r
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Sorry, But I have another quick question. There is a hole of some sort in the back and bottom of the manifold.
What goes in that hole? - It's about 1" round hole. Its in the middle, on the back, underneath.
can anyone help?
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

SmoothMX3 wrote:Sorry, But I have another quick question. There is a hole of some sort in the back and bottom of the manifold.
What goes in that hole? - It's about 1" round hole. Its in the middle, on the back, underneath.
can anyone help?
On millenias i beleive that there is a vac system that hooks up to that in some form. Nothing goes in there though, just leave as is.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I did a tad bit of painting. This paint is temporary. I'll be getting the manifold and vc's powdercoated later down the road, but I could not stand that blue, so I had some paint laying around.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Tell me what you guys think. Remember, It will be Powdercoated these colors, not painted. Just gimmy your opinion.
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i think it looks good. wait till you drive it for the first time.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

It looks pretty good. A few years ago when I first started dreaming about my swap I was going to paint everything and powder coat everything...but now I just don't care about that stuff so much. I just want it to look clean and like it belongs in there...you know?

Is your engine running yet? Last I checked you were still identifying unknown stuff. How's it going?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”