nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: nightfire - 1996 MX-3 GS

Post by fowljesse »

That's good news. It must feel great.
I'm looking into running Cruise without the ECU. I'd like to take out the stock ECU, and sell it to someone it would benifit (since it's been flashed). I'll post up, if I find a way.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Someone must make a standalone cruise control computer..
- Gord
1996 MX-3 GS-ZE 2.5L 5spd
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Well, I just got my car back from Alex. He did an outstanding job.

I'm gonna take some decent pictures once I take the windshield tape off and have it polished and waxed, but for now:

It looks like there are imperfections but .. it's just reflections. :)

Still need to install my new wiper arms.
- Gord
KLZE+LSD / Headers / KL02 VAF / Clutchmasters stage-I / Fidanza 9lb flywheel / Eibach Pro Kit / Tokico HPs / Urethane bushings & mounts / SSR Comp-C 16x7 / General Exclaim UHP 205/45R16 / Wilwood 13" brakes / Whiteline rear swaybar / Carputer / Software Crossover / Infinity components+subs / 41hz Tripath Amp9 / Trunk SLA batt / Keyless entry
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Beautiful! Now you have to shine the rims and tires.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

fowljesse wrote:Beautiful! Now you have to shine the rims and tires.
As soon as the paint fully cures (10-14 days) I'm takin her to get a full detailing.. engine bay, interior wash/shampoo/restoration, exterior polish and wax, wheels, tires.. Ooh ya. :)
- Gord
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

I need to find a place that will detail the engine bay. I suck at trying to clean it :(
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

Dark_Rider2k3 wrote:I need to find a place that will detail the engine bay. I suck at trying to clean it :(
Well I'm not sure if it's a good deal or not, but I'm paying $250CAD for:

- Inside wash/shampoo/restoration
- Engine bay cleaning
- Exterior polishing (rubbing compound), waxing
- Wheel & brake cleaning / rim waxing

That's in Montreal. I'm sure there have gotta be similar places in PA.
- Gord
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

that actually doesn't sound like a bad price. Especially since the will most likely be taking some of the interior pieces out.

And I'm sure there is.. going to check around..
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

fowljesse wrote:Tm looking into running Cruise without the ECU. I'd like to take out the stock ECU, and sell it to someone it would benifit (since it's been flashed). I'll post up, if I find a way.
I was thinking about that too. I was looking into it since I was going to have to sacrifice it going with MS, but my idea was to tap electrically into the vacuum actuator into the engine bay. I never got around to testing it, but I had theorized that it should work, it just might/should not be able to adjust the speed for inclines/declines
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

seriously...how happy are you that you didn't scrap that car?

Looks awesome!
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

wytbishop wrote:seriously...how happy are you that you didn't scrap that car?

Looks awesome!
Thank you wytbishop. :)

I think I may go ahead with my turbo project this year. Even though I have no place to work. I can still make it happen.
- Gord
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Gord, car looks fricken awesome! New paint is always a treat. Take care of it :mrgreen:
AaronTietje
antispam: No

Post by AaronTietje »

Very nice work :!:
We all want to be fast and look cool. Cool changes but fast never does.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Remember sevenoaks motel, May 15-16. See you there? Oh ya, car dosen't look too shabby. Once you get her buffed up it'll look like a new car.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
nightfire

Post by nightfire »

I may make it after all. I'm supposed to be back from my conference on the 14th.... if I am I'll head down for sure.
- Gord

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”