Nd4SpdSe - 1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR (End Of File)

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
Dark_Rider2k3

Re: Nd4SpdSe - 1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR (End Of File)

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

That's not a bad looking interior. Still prefer the red leather interior but that is pretty classy haha.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Indeed. I didn't think I'd like it but it's actually not bad, it looks pretty classy as you and others have said. but I'm not a classy person. Mind you, in the (unfortunately) distant future, I'd like to replace the brown with blue leather.

Ya, the color combo was the reason why it took me a while to decide on it, but in the end, it finally clicked that I was being stupid for being that stubborn, and that when it comes to finding a perfect car, color choice really doesn't and shouldn't exist on that list, lol. Same with the Xterra, I wanted any color but yellow, lol!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Indeed. I didn't think I'd like it but it's actually not bad, it looks pretty classy as you and others have said. but I'm not a classy person. Mind you, in the (unfortunately) distant future, I'd like to replace the brown with blue leather.

Ya, the color combo was the reason why it took me a while to decide on it, but in the end, it finally clicked that I was being stupid for being that stubborn, and that when it comes to finding a perfect car, color choice really doesn't and shouldn't exist on that list, lol. Same with the Xterra, I wanted any color but yellow, lol!
Yeah I hear ya... though I am holding off for my red leather if I ever get an RX-8.

Though, I see where your coming from. The guy who owned it knew his stuff and so you know you got a good car!
kulluminati777
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by kulluminati777 »

i know you have your rx-8 and xterra now but dude did you sell this car or put it in a museum somewhere? and i had to comment on this that way i have instant access in my control panel lol :welder:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

She was parted out, so her love has been spread around....

Instant access in your control panel?

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

instead of looking for tis thread i just go to my control panel and the threads i have posted its right there because i plan on high jacking some of the ideas you had, and parted out?!?! you must have done it very fast and quitley or this may have been before i joined the forum?

and i plan on getting an rx-8 when i get to the states. Are there alot of problems with the rotory like the rumors say and is there enough room for a baby seat in the back? :lol:

Do you enjoy it more then the mx-3 or are you planning on getting another in the future.

*EDIT: yeah the part out was before i got here :( your mx-3 was cool i hope you start up again on of these days!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:instead of looking for tis thread i just go to my control panel and the threads i have posted its right there because i plan on high jacking some of the ideas you had, and parted out?!?! you must have done it very fast and quitley or this may have been before i joined the forum?

and i plan on getting an rx-8 when i get to the states. Are there alot of problems with the rotory like the rumors say and is there enough room for a baby seat in the back? :lol:

Do you enjoy it more then the mx-3 or are you planning on getting another in the future.

*EDIT: yeah the part out was before i got here :( your mx-3 was cool i hope you start up again on of these days!
Ahh!

Fast and quietly? Oh hell no. It was a big deal and took over a year, but from your join date on your profile, you would of just missed it.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... at+partout

There's problems, yes, hard to say the causes, but it's a rotary, so you got to accept the possibility of it happening realistically. The problem I think partially comes from maintenance, and the other, it's the daily driving routine that they don't like. I think it's a car that needs to be driven hard to be happy. Plenty of room for baby seats, there's even tie downs...

Do I enjoy it more? Yes and no....
Performance wise, while I do miss the V6's torque, power/weight is about on par with my Mx-3. Handling on the car is nuts, and would be even crazier once I upgrade the suspension. She understeers a fair amount at the limit and I want to get rid of that.
What I miss and can't enjoy is just what the Mx-3 was. I can't do car shows in the 8, she's totally stock. Miss spending a weekend with my friends for the large scale ones, great times. Miss how she stood out, the sound of the exhaust and the attention she got, how unique she was. I miss spending the countless hours, the weekends outside working on a new mod or improving on an old one. Always getting parts, projects always on the go, working on our cars with the TO Mx-3 crew, going on cruises, weekend meets, the scene, it doesn't help that I've been shited around like cattle since joining the miltiary. I miss driving her like a bat out of hell with not a care in the world, but even today, things are really strick now, couldn't get away with the things we used to do even if I still had the Mx-3. She was a show car, and a race car, and a (summer) daily driver; I was proud of what I had accomplished with her...pure fun and enjoyment with little compromise. She did everything I wanted to do and was a positive turn around and influence in my life. She inspired many people and new mod ideas, even in the show scene it's actually flattering, so it's hard to top that....we had a reputation together, actually people knew the car before the knew me, heh, and I really do miss that and so much.

I would enjoy the Rx-8 more than the Mx-3 if the last 3 years of my life didn't suck so much. I lost so much, and making what I did like 10 years ago, but everything is so much more expensive, it hurts, but I look forward and aim higher, so i time. The Rx-8 is suppose to take off where I left off with the Mx-3, but on a new car, RWD, with more potential thanks to it's following. The Mx-3 was my first car and first project, I learned so much along the way, I look forward to what I could do with a new blank canvas and what I know now and the doors that the Rx-8 opens with ideas.

I doubt I'd ever get another Mx-3. I could never because she could never reach the level that my old one was, and even if I didn't have the intention, I'd try no doubt, I'd be comparing my old one to the "new" one, so I just couldn't. I also got out just as the peak was falling off. They're hard to find parts for now, even just for maintanance and availability at the dealership...I did almost a decade of Mx-3, and it was absolutely great, but it's time for me to move on (eventually) with bigger and better things...
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

I hope you get to do alot with your 8 like you did the mx-3. im just happy and shocked that you stay on the forums giving advice and what not :mrgreen: and yeah i can feel that i got an mx-3 at the worst time but hopefully as the years go by more peeps junk theres for mine to live on and thrive!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kulluminati777 wrote:I hope you get to do alot with your 8 like you did the mx-3. im just happy and shocked that you stay on the forums giving advice and what not :mrgreen: and yeah i can feel that i got an mx-3 at the worst time but hopefully as the years go by more peeps junk theres for mine to live on and thrive!
Indeed, I can't wait for it, I really can't. First time I buy a car knowing what I want to do to it BEFORE I bought her, lol!

I'm still here, it's part routine, part I still have much to contribute it seems. There's some good stuff to read too, like Mooneggs new found rear mudguards that remind me much of what I had tried with the Miata ones on mine (I would of foresure went that route if I would of known, and been able to find then). Wytbishops supercar project, the worklogs of friends that still have Mx-3's...My buddy Blaznlow who's making the SRD replicas that *I'VE* acquired and arranged to be reproduced ;) Which reminds me cause he still has the original SRD that I bought and gave him, so I still own that, lol!

Some of the old knowledge had been lost with so many of the seniors gone and moved on. Trying to keep the misinformation at bay, share knowledge that seems would otherwise be lost, and it's been home since 2002, I can't go cold-turkey :P I'll probably spend much less time on here when I can more forward with the 8; I'm new to that car/rotary so have little to contribute, and I don't need to post/ask questions since I've learned much over the last 10+ years, and I know how to search if there's something I don't know ;). I don't expect to hit 10'000 posts on any forums really ever again. I have 5795 posts on an old 3dfx forum at the peak of my geekyness, but I haven't been a regular member there in over 4 years...

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”