25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica *update 5/12/12!

New product ideas and status of new product development postings.
Savin

Re: 25mm mazdaspeed front sway bar replica *update 5/12/12!

Post by Savin »

I'll join in ONLY if you can't find that 20th person to make it happen. I'd rather not spend the money on this, but if it helps the community out...

I need new swaybar bushings anyway. :shrug:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
dansXR2
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by dansXR2 »

I'm in for one for sure, possibly 2!
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

That bumps us to 22, if my count is correct? If we get enough interest for 25 or 30, It'd certainly help persuade CorkSport to do a run of these.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

yes, 22! All you have to do is factor in the people that will bail, which is oh... 75% of us, and that's how many will actually buy them!
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

This being the exact reason we need more interest in this, people won't open their wallets until something tangible sits in front of them. We won't have anything tangible until people step up and commit.

Of the 22 bars "spoken for" so far, around half are people I KNOW want the bars badly enough to actually pay for them. A few of these people wanted multiple bars, which certainly doesn't hurt the cause any.

If we get 25, or by some miracle, 30 people together, then the few who drop off in the production process wouldn't hurt so bad, and we may actually get a finished product out of this.

If it existed, and was on CorkSport's website right now, I think it's safe to say at least 10 bars would sell in the next 2 weeks, to those of us who really want the product. I set aside money for it, and managed to hang onto it despite the delays in the GB, which was pretty hard given the tempting FS items both here, and on PT lately.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Thefez

Post by Thefez »

Ok so lets get some deposites and have then be non refundable
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'm down for that, I could have mine in by the 17th.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I'm not going to pay any deposit unless we get some matter of fact confirmation from the manufacturer that this will go ahead if X amount of people put in an order.
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

JayoM wrote:I'm not going to pay any deposit unless we get some matter of fact confirmation from the manufacturer that this will go ahead if X amount of people put in an order.

i agree, but like i stated before im going to have to wait until i get to the states unless someone on here can directly go into corksport get the "yes we will do it".

Im 1000000% sure if i was in the states i can get another fabrication shop to do it but over the phone is near to impossible to get them in on the sway bar manufacturing especially if they dont have a car to work with....
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
JayoM

Post by JayoM »

I hear those Germans are pretty good at engineering :wink:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

oh man dont get me started on the "not being able to do stuff in germany" rant lol
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

My car's still available for measurements, assuming they'll take it apart and put it back together properly... That's the beauty of CorkSport, as opposed to a typical machine shop. They do Mazdas, and from my experience they'll treat my car properly. :shrug: Unlike the stealership... my headliner is still stained due to laziness on a dealer Mechanic's part...
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Any chance that we can give this another go, now that you're stateside?? :D

Maybe if we drive to CorkSport during the meet on the 11th, we can be like "All of us want it, make it happen!" :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i have been around to a few shops in sacamento so i think i could get a few made for sure. I have put this on the back burner due to me getting settled in, waiting on the car to arrive off the boat and my ZE swap. I for sure didnt forget about getting me one lol. Im sure i could get others the sway bars as well. As far as going into coksport......the only way they would make them would be if 40 of us went in with 200 dollars cash. But i guess its worth a try
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I like the sound of CorkSport doing it(their reputation for quality helps a lot), but I can't say I'd stress too much either way. As long a the finished product is worth it, I'd be happy to get one at all!

What if we all promised to slap CorkSport banners on our windshields? :lol:
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “New Product Development”