At last, MX-6 ECU + KL02 vs. Probinator + JE50 dyno results.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Pritchett
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: At last, MX-6 ECU + KL02 vs. Probinator + JE50 dyno resu

Post by Pritchett »

wytbishop wrote:yeah mine is 93' chassis, 93' straight neck ZE engine, K801 w/ probinator. I tried the KL02 VAF with the stock ECU and my chipped ECU and it was horrible both ways.
How do you know the year of the engine?? Is it located on it somewhere?
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I was told by the importer when I purchased it that it came from a 93' model. You can take that with a grain of salt, and really it shouldn't make a difference. An engine is an engine. It's the electronics that make the difference.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

wytbishop wrote:I was told by the importer when I purchased it that it came from a 93' model. You can take that with a grain of salt, and really it shouldn't make a difference. An engine is an engine. It's the electronics that make the difference.
Exactly. I think mine is a 93 also because of the extra coolant sensor on the neck, unless of course the neck was swapped over which is unlikely.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Just look at the casting number on the back of the block, low numbers = low year. 1-200,000 is proly 93-94
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Yeah boys had a look at my engine number it says 814***.Running the k8 ecu KL02 runs nicely.just like a said in my previous posts.Was gonna get a KL36 ecu dont see the need anymore.
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Mine is KL 627249...so i'd estimate its a 95-96 maybe.
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Post by SpatialTerror »

ok so i only read the first page but i got a quick question. i have a klze on the k8 ecu with the k8 maf. dunno which one its called. but the ecu is chipped. so what would be the best mass air flow for me to go with from what you guys have found out?
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Sorry boys for getting running wild and saying the k8 ecu and kl02 vaf gives the best power.Just got a dyno run yesterday and only got 130whp.Thats the best combo i got come up with on my millina longneck klze.Feels and runs smooth but missing at least 20whp.Last option is to import a KL36 ecu and pray it works with either the kl02 vaf or je50 i got sitting here.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Kl36 requires je50 vaf, post up numbers when you get it dynod
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Hey guys found out the engine i got in my mx3 is a KLDE-G4 from a mazda 626 98-2002 series.Just got to find what ecu's KLDE-G4 run dont think KL31/36 ecu's will do me any good.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

eunosklde wrote:Hey guys found out the engine i got in my mx3 is a KLDE-G4 from a mazda 626 98-2002 series.Just got to find what ecu's KLDE-G4 run dont think KL31/36 ecu's will do me any good.
Actually it should work, but a better combo would probably be a KLDE ecu and KLDE VAF. OR you can get your hands on a curve neck intake manifold (unless that is what you have on there) and run a klze ecu or DE ecu.

KLG4 ecus aren't compatible unless you are gonna rewire everything and run a Coilpack like the 626 does.
unclegreg

Post by unclegreg »

Once again I have to say that:
KL-ZE Curved Neck + K801 + KL02 works perfect!

After reading trough this thread that seems pretty odd? Bacause several of you guys says that your MX-3 runs crap with this combo. I would say that for me this works better than KL36/JE50. Someone who agrees with me? 8) Would be interesting to see dyno of these two combos too.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Depends on the year really. I think the main point of this thread is to compare these chipped versions VS stock DE combo. There's no doubt that the KLZE MX-6 came with a JE50 and KL31 ECU. So we're working out what is the difference and what have these chipping guys done differently.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

If I can get in touch with Ryan and order a chip I'm going to see if there's any difference. I'm running a KL31 right now with of course the JE50. I don't have access to a dyno but I can see what the difference is at the Clean Air center. I'm actually curious what combo will give me better numbers during the test and I'm assuming that in turn may rectify my sooty exhaust problem if Probinators chip runs cleaner.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
xSocialx

Post by xSocialx »

Let me know if you reach Ryan please lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”