Difference between MX3 and MX3 GS

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
csdude

Difference between MX3 and MX3 GS

Post by csdude »

I have a '92 1.6 4-cylinder, and need some parts. Someone else has a '92 GS, which I think is a 1.8.

The parts I'm trying to buy are the drivers side window switch, passengers side seat belt (motor and railing), and distributor.

Any idea if these things are going to fit my car?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Difference between MX3 and MX3 GS

Post by 2fazed »

Yes, they'll all fit
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
mykel78

Post by mykel78 »

They all will fit? Not the distributor, everything else will work though. Can't put a V6 disty on a 4-cyl. Yes the GS is the V6, 1.8.
If not broke - don't fix, modify. If broke - fix it right, and make it better.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

in teh FAQ there is a write up about puttin the V6 alt on the 4 cyl
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Hey if you Seat Belt is broken, THere was a recall on all 92-93 electric Seat Belts and the 94+ ones are garenteed for life... So Just bring it down to a Dealer and no matter what they say You get it all for FREE!
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

assuming the GS you are going to buy has the power package. Power windows, locks & cc were all optional on ALL MX-3 models, some GS's don't have this package.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
csdude

Post by csdude »

I tried to find out about the recall awhile back. Mine is electric seat belt, of course, and the cable that goes back and forth in the rail came loose from the part that spins. I spoke with one Mazda lot that said this was not covered with the recall, but he couldn't tell me exactly what IS covered.

Unfortunately, there's not a Mazda lot within 200 miles of here, either, so it's not like I can afford to take the drive just to find out that they won't fix it. I would spend as much in gas as I could buy a used seat belt for.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”