flex pipe

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
jwillistyl55

flex pipe

Post by jwillistyl55 »

hey i just took my mx to the shop cuz it started makin a squeelin noice when i would let off the gas to shift they told me its the flex pipe in the exhaust now they qouted me $225!! includdin labor now i have never seen just one exhaust peice go for 225 + labor ever are they rippin me off or what some one help before i lose money!!!

cody
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
jwillistyl55

Re: flex pipe

Post by jwillistyl55 »

i was told cuz its a b*tch to do that the labor is the hardest part so actually it is 80 for the pipe itself and the rest for labor
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I had some holes in my flexpipe, and if Mazda was to replace it, they had to change the entire piping from the cat to the engine...

Bosal doesn`t sell exhaust for the mx3 to other than Mazda anymore either.

btw, Mazda quoted me the part here in Norway for about $600 + labour... and it`s almost certain that one bolt will snap when replacing this.

Your best bet is to get someone to cut the flexpipe of, and weld a new one in. That`s what I did.

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Ant_nee03

Post by Ant_nee03 »

I got my flex pipe replaced for $100 labor included so my guess is they ripped you off. srry
What else is gonna go wrong?
D_Gagne

Post by D_Gagne »

your getting riped i recentley got my whole exhaust done in 2.5 inch piping with a high flow cat and new resonnater and all the bends and stuff added and a new exhaust muffler for 225 but i have an aftermrket header if that means anything but still my o2 ur getting ripped
92 mx3,lime green paint 18 inch motegi mr7's,blitz front n rear bumper,fx side skirts,isotta wheel,ractive seats,ractive gtr aluminum wing,apexi exhaust, www.cardomain.com/id/livin_lime_mazda
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i got the flex section from NAPA that bolted right on for $80
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

I got my whole exhaust done. 2¼" piping, hi flow cat, bends, muffler and tip...everything. All for only $100 at a muffler shop at Shea Stadium. God bless those Mexicanos. :D
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
Freq2002

Post by Freq2002 »

Sounds more like the downpipe from the collector into the cat, that part is ONLY available from Mazda & goes for over $200,...
I had a new piece bent & added a REAL flex duct for about $100 ($60 for the duct, the rest was the pipe & labor)
Gotot a few exaust shops & shop around, there are better deals out there.
The contents of this post are the opinions of myself and are NEVER meant to be percieved as the "be all, end all". So cram it!! :p
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Your getting screwed. Even it it was the lead pipe they could fabricate something that would work. Hell if its that much a problem see if you can find a part from a junkyard. You would be able to bolt it in yourself. should run about 20-40 pending yard
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”