rebuilding?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Seanthepizzadude65065

rebuilding?

Post by Seanthepizzadude65065 »

Ok, i recently got a whole 95 DOHC motor with 148,XXX miles and i was wonding all what i should do to the motor before i drop it in my 92
14" 5 spoke PRIME rims, GS spoiler,180 Watt Sony Head unit with a 4 Polk Audio EX series speakers, Kicker Solo Baric 8" sub, StrandTec custom Air system, Blue under dash neon tube, Blue windsheld wipernozzle LEDS,straght-through dual tip exhaust, Belive it or not but, I did a 0-60 in 7.23 seconds!

http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanthemx3er
guyaverage

Re: rebuilding?

Post by guyaverage »

Rebuild it. Do you know anything about the history of the engine, or whether or not it was taken care of? That would make a big difference.<p>At the bare minimum, I would replace the timing belt, and probably the water pump, if nothing else because it is fairly cheap and a lot easier to do with the engine out than in, although neither are terribly difficult with the 1.6 even when the engine is IN the car. I might even go so far as to replace both crank seals and the pan gasket.<p>BTW, whats with your factoid underneath your main post about doing 0-60 in 7.23 seconds, with a passenger, on an incline? In a '92 SOHC? I would have to put that as a new entry into the official Guiness Book of Questionable World Records. My '93 SOHC couldnt do 0-60 in 7.23 if I had a twin-turbo Rx7 towing me and a hurricane behind me.... that must have been ONE HELL of a downward slope. I used to carpool with a 250 lb. co-worker, when his big butt was in the car I could measure my 0-60 time in DAYS......Then again, I made the ultimate brain fart in buying an automatic.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
Genesis74

Post by Genesis74 »

I had to be the dual horn.
When those go off.....WOW...your in for a ride :)
guyaverage

Post by guyaverage »

The only use I would have for a dual horn would be to warn people on the highway that I am trying to merge, MAKE ROOM! I've been passed by people in motorized wheelchairs before.....old ladies flicking me off as they go by... its painfull, I tell ya. If my Mx wasnt so reliable and get such awesome mileage, I would have gone back to Rx7's years ago...
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
Seanthepizzadude65065

Honestly my 0-60 time was 7.23, it was timed by my passenger who was watchin from behind me at the speedometer it was pretty accutate
14" 5 spoke PRIME rims, GS spoiler,180 Watt Sony Head unit with a 4 Polk Audio EX series speakers, Kicker Solo Baric 8" sub, StrandTec custom Air system, Blue under dash neon tube, Blue windsheld wipernozzle LEDS,straght-through dual tip exhaust, Belive it or not but, I did a 0-60 in 7.23 seconds!

ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

i THINK you need a DOHC ecu and wiring harness. i don't know for sure, you could probably find it on the board somewhere.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."
Seanthepizzadude65065

i acuttlly have all of those parts, i had a whole parts car that i litterly ripped apart, i have some parts but not much

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”