swap update

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Shady469
Supporting Member

swap update

Post by Shady469 »

yeah this has sucked so far. turns out you need to switch over the ENTIRE passenger side bracket and mount. and it was a pain to get the mount off of the B6T. and that trany flange needs to be grounded ALOT, like 1 inch. Wiring hasnt been to bad. the RX-7 fuel pump went right in(used same harness). for the bacv i had to get rid of all the plastic on the clip and just plug in the wires (using the stock ends) to the terminal on the B6T BACV.
still can't figure out why the damned tranny won't take fluids but im gettin the guy whos doin the I/C pipes to fix it.
remember your firing order!!! this has hampered everything but hopefully maldo will relate his findings.
another tid bit: i HIGHLY recommend the polyurethane filler (used on car windshields) to fill the mounts. the motor does not move now. at all.
ive been taking pics along the way and ill post them when its done.
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
JWMotorsports

Re: swap update

Post by JWMotorsports »

Whats up Shady. The firing order on the B6T is 1,2,4,3. Basicaly you turn your MX-3 SOHC distributor up side down then you wire cyl#1 to the top terminal, cyl#2 to the right hand terminal, cyl#4 to the bottom terminal, & cyl#3 to the left hand terminal. Thats the crazy thing you gotta do to make it work! If you want I can bring my car over to ya so you can see what I'm talking about. Hit me up on my cell phone if ya still got my number. If not ask Kenny, he probably has it on file at the shop!
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
jap

Re: swap update

Post by jap »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>and that trany flange needs to be grounded ALOT, like 1 inch <hr></blockquote><p>I am doing a Bp 1.8L dohc engine swap soon. I keep hearing about grinding down this flange on the tranny. Does this only apply to those who do the B6T engine swap? Do you have a pic of the flange that has to be grounded down an inch?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”