Trouble Starting my car...

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
bortonia

Trouble Starting my car...

Post by bortonia »

I just bought a 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS, automatic. And I have been having a beast of a time getting it to start. I live in Winnipeg where it's colder than a witche's teat, but I used to drive a K car and never had any starting problems... My sister's crappy Sundance starts just fine in winter!<p>Anyways, when it's cold out, the car didn't turn over properly, so I figured I needed a new battery... Now, it sort of starts, sometimes... But it takes a ton of gas to get the engine to turn over. I've put in some fuel injector cleaner but it doesn't seem to help much yet...<p>This is my new car and it won't start!!! Not too impressed! (though once it warms up I love to drive.)<p>Has anyone else had a similar problem? Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
ryanlindenberg

Re: Trouble Starting my car...

Post by ryanlindenberg »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by bortonia:

Now, it sort of starts, sometimes... But it takes a ton of gas to get the engine to turn over. I've put in some fuel injector cleaner but it doesn't seem to help much yet...
<hr></blockquote><p>
what do you mean by "it takes a ton of gas to get the engine to turn over" you aren't hitting the accellerater when you turn the car over are you? if you are that's probably the problem. and make sure you plug in the block heater too.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”