HELP! MX-3 will only go 100 mph (speed governor)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Wagner359

Re: HELP! MX-3 will only go 100 mph (speed governor)

Post by Wagner359 »

hmm... aftermarket speedometer will do the trick and if i die then maldo i will admit you were right and you can kick my gravestone if ya want [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
R I P ****
92 MX-3 RS H&R springs K&N filter Protege cold air intake premier mp3 HU Kicker RS6 component speakers kicker eclipse pa5422 4 ch. on speakers. profile amp on JL 15w3 3 ft box ported tuned to 28 hz. rota c8s black with a polished chrome lip and a fresh new black paint job.
maldo

Post by maldo »

Wow! A little sensitive? ;)
Ryencool

Post by Ryencool »

its kids like him who spin out of control, hit a mom with her 3 kids in the van...kill the mom leave three kids witout parents. And he wont care one single bit, its kinda sad, jsut wait till it happens. Maybe it wont be tommorow, next week, or this year, but with that attitude you arent going to make it over 100mph that many times, so enjoy it, retard..
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
mx-3 12acer

Post by mx-3 12acer »

I know this is an old post but i just wanted to add that i used to be really slow, but then when i added the GS rear spoiler I noticed a 10 mph top speed gain at least. Maybe you could try that. Add some stickers too, I have heard they help. :D
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWMotorsports:<BR>[QB]When my stock SOHC motor was in I could do over 130MPH. [QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>not saying your lieing just saying this is extremely hard to believe that u got the sohc 4cyl up to 130mph stock
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWMotorsports:<BR><STRONG>When my stock SOHC motor was in I could do over 130MPH. With the B6T in, it smacked 150MPH like it was nothing REAL quick like! I'm still using my SOHC ECU on the B6T and the only governer I have is the rev limiter @ around 6350RPM. You could have your ECU reprogramed or swap it out with another SOHC ECU from my year (93).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Yeah, there's no way you ran 130mph with a B6 SOHC without alot of nitrous or boost. Though, those 13" daytons probably helped that speedo climb faster. :pimp:
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3 Ricer:<BR><STRONG>I've got my SOHC up to 135mph on level ground, and haven't done any modifications as far as performance goes yet. So you don't really need more then the 88hp it has. As far as tricking the guvoner just disconect the speedometer cable, only problem will be that you dont know how fast your going. But it will bypass it. Good luck don't break anything.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>By level, you mean vertical?
David Coleman
Gkreator

Post by Gkreator »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx-3 12acer:<BR><STRONG>I know this is an old post but i just wanted to add that i used to be really slow, but then when i added the GS rear spoiler I noticed a 10 mph top speed gain at least. Maybe you could try that. Add some stickers too, I have heard they help. :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Stickers improving speed!? How rediculous! lol! :eek:
Dave Hyatt
94 Teal MX-3 RS 5 Speed
http://www.cardomain.com/id/gkreator_inside (New Pics!)
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

by level I ment no incline or decline in elevation. put a level on the ground and bubble is in middle.
Wagner359

Post by Wagner359 »

the only time will you want or need to go past 100mph wont be with innocent people around me. If I kill a family and die you can kick my gravestone too. And whats with all the harassment I'm just curious how fast my MX-3 will go and I'll find out at like 3 am on an empty freeway.
R I P ****
92 MX-3 RS H&R springs K&N filter Protege cold air intake premier mp3 HU Kicker RS6 component speakers kicker eclipse pa5422 4 ch. on speakers. profile amp on JL 15w3 3 ft box ported tuned to 28 hz. rota c8s black with a polished chrome lip and a fresh new black paint job.
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

it will never do 130mph... it runs out of gear at just over 120. trust me ive got one hell of a ticket to proove it. gave me the ticket for 115mph and i slowed down a little. that was just past redline with my 125hp shot of nitrous.
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JWMotorsports:<BR><STRONG>When my stock SOHC motor was in I could do over 130MPH. With the B6T in, it smacked 150MPH like it was nothing REAL quick like! I'm still using my SOHC ECU on the B6T and the only governer I have is the rev limiter @ around 6350RPM. You could have your ECU reprogramed or swap it out with another SOHC ECU from my year (93).</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Honest to god, that has to be THE funniest thing I have ever seen posted yet. The fastest I've hit in my GS was 193.. thats kms per hour. You're telling me that your car with all 88 horses, bone stock is faster than mine (and every other stock GS out there)? I don't really like accusing people of bs'ing.... but come on.. lol. Just my opinion.
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3 Ricer:<BR><STRONG>by level I ment no incline or decline in elevation. put a level on the ground and bubble is in middle.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Somebody's speedo is off by 20% or so....<BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
David Coleman
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

The speedo works fine when it was smoged the speedo read the same speed as it did on the dyno screen.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

YES my SOHC hit 130MPH, but it only took me a couple miles of freaking interstate to do it. I hit 150MPH on the stock speedometer with the B6T using the SOHC F series tranny and still had room to go on the tach before red lineing. The G series protege LX tranny is taller on the low end but has closer gear ratios and a lower geared top end than the F25. With the F series tranny I shift out of 4th gear & into 5th at 115MPH. The G series tranny I have to shift from 4th & into 5th gear at only 95MPH. Not to mention my car. The motor isn't what limits your GS...the tranny is what sets your top out limits. Even though the G series has a taller final drive the F series has a MUCH larger gearing range. So yes my SOHC toped out at a higher speed than your GS...but as for acceleration times you would obliverate a SOHC. I haven't tried to top out the G series tranny yet...and don't know if I will till my car is done, which then it will be riding the rev limiter in 5th before it crosses the 1/4 mile (600HP baby)! Right now my car is running about 80% on the stock turbo, goes down the road slightly sideways due to torque steer all the way through 1st & 2nd gear spinning and hits around 105MPH at the 1/4 mile mark. We have a stop light that sites 1/4 mile right before a large road sign. Haven't had it timed in tha 1/4 yet. OH yea if you want a higher top speed and taller 5th gear for your G series tranny, you can swap it the the 5th gear from a MX-6. I don't remeber what year etc... but call Derrick @ Corksport & he'll tell ya. I'll be doing the gear swap my self when I get my car to that stage. :p
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”