ok i give up!

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
anjin1982

ok i give up!

Post by anjin1982 »

i went to home depot and brought all the wrong things for my intake i did the search forum i remember somebody took there car to a muffler shop to get a custom intake pipe can that person please reply or email with any info they might have!ex. degree amount,price things of that nature thanx
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
anjin1982

Re: ok i give up!

Post by anjin1982 »

im real glad this forum helps ppl out! :mad:
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

I suspect the reason no one replied was that there have been many threads concerning CAI's & no one wants to be a target for your anger by telling you to search. Or maybe they just aren't on the board anymore. <P>Also since there are SO many ways to configure intakes; heat shield vs. Box etc. you'll have to be specific about what you want. <P>If you just want a basic CAI & don't care about hydrolock then get:<BR>3" PVC ID about 3' (CUT to desiered length later)<BR>90 Degree PVC 3" bend<BR>Flange to attatch Bend to MAF<BR>Cone filter that fits on this pipe, or a cone filter with adapter... you get the Idea.<P>put the flange on the MAF.<BR>put the bend on the flange.<BR>put the filter on the pipe and stick it near the bend to see where to cut it.<BR>cut the pipe.<BR>put the pipe on the bend.<P>Make sure to use PVC glue or something that will hold everything together. The only thing holding the flange to the MAF should be bolts or screws. A gasket between the flange and the MAF is advisable. <P>Seriously though, search this forum. There are so many little differences that you can put on a CAI. Try the keywords: CAI and intake. Use them seperatly to get the most results. If you wan't more Ideas read the V6 faq, but relize many parts are different. A LOT of people have websites with "how to's" as well.<P>If you want mandrel bent pipe it's gonna cost more than Home Despot though. A good muffler shop should be able to help you out.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

thanx alot (no really!)the info was something along the nature (sorry for the anger)the problem i have is the throlle body the to mafs i went to a muffler shop they said its too tight of a bend cuz of the brake booster and battery so i went to home depot and brought pvc pipe and other things turned out it was all a waste so now i have a 7 ft 3 inch pve pipe in my basement! anyway thanx 4 the keywords again sorry to the mx-3 board members! :)
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

well hey, you can use that pipe to make a spud launcher...just a suggestion. good luck with that intake.
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

I just wan't to make sure you're clear on what a CAI does: It takes air form near the ground (which is colder than the air in the engine bay) and routes it to the MAF/VAF.<P>You don't need to mess with anything inbetween the MAF& TB yet. Your Project may still be posible.<P>Otherwise, spuds away!
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

hey, i had my intake pipe bent at midas. The cost was 35 bux, including the pipe. They at first thought it was too tight, but then they proved themselves wrong... <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/timsmx3" TARGET=_blank>www.geocities.com/timsmx3</A> if you wanna see pics of mine. I used 2 3/4 inch piping on it. In order for them to do it, I walked into the shop holding my intake pipe ( I drove my mom's van around town finding a shop to do this :) and then I laid the bulky piece of plastic on their counter and said make this. The guy looked at me kinda funny, but he knew what I was up to. He bent it in like 10 minutes, came back w/a smile and I was on my way!! The next part was hard though, I welded two small pipes on for the Air Idle Control Valve thing, and that head valve dealy. It works great. But yeah, just go to my webpage. I also have a webpage at cardomain, it's timsmx3 there as well. Just look for it, I got a few pics of my intake. Good luck!!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

im just going to use a mazda 323 intake i like the way that looks

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”